After 35-years, I'm still here!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njean

Premium Level
Supporting Member
Today marks 35 years since my aortic & mitral valve OHS in 1975!

And, after a few bumps in the road throughout the years and two more OHS since then, I still continue to amaze my doctors, my friends & family, as well as myself! :)

I went for my 6-month Echo two weeks ago & an EKG-BioZ examination & everything is still holding steady, thank God!

So for all you newbies out there awaiting your turn, take heart......you too can go on to live a long & full life once you get your heart fixed up! :)

Jean & Dick it is wonderful to have people such as you to give the rest of some perspective. A year ago, I had no sense at all that I would be needing surgery in four months. Since then I've been focused on short term changes with little consideration of the long run. I really appreciate your comments because you give us a glimpse at two different possible futures with such positive outlooks. It is easy enough to imagine the awful things that can happen. You remind us all that we have real futures again. Congratulations on your 35th anniversary, Jean, and an early congrats to you, Dick, for your upcoming 43rd. May you both celebrate many more.

Larry

Now that is something to celebrate!!! Thank you for being such an inspiration to us, NormaJean. Keep up that positive attitude and really hope you are doing something special. You deserve it. :)

Hot damn is right!

You do rock Norma and you really are an inspiration to all of us.

Congrats to you my friend and here's to many more.

that's a real testimony. congratulations! what is your join date? I just know you've been here for many moons but can't put my finger on the year you came in.

jUST Want you to know you are a beautiful lady.

keep up all that good stuff you are doing to stay healthy and lovely. Blessins.........

N J:

You had it done by the man himself. Amazing job he did. BIG congrats on 35 years. Wow!

Thank you all so much for your kind words & well wishes! I feel so blessed to have found this site when I did, in July 2007, & became part of a family that understood exactly what I had been through. It feels wonderful to be able to give back by offering encouragement & inspiration to others facing the same surgery.

Like I said before to all of you that are waiting on your turn, think positive thoughts & get your heart repaired so that you too can go on to live a long & wonderful life! :)

Nice to read your upbeat thread and that you're doing very well :) It's encouraging for everyone :)

Latest posts

Back