2nd of April surgery done

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extraordinary

OK here I'm a weak post operation, still in the hospital, still in paiiiin and tiered the nurses told me i may be in all this pain because I'm young and younger people tend to feel the pain more than in the elder people …
it's been a very hard weak for me but since I'm done with the operation the worst part is over ..
I'm experiencing shortness of breath pain when taking deep breath, since i was in a good condition and not having that much of a symptoms before the surgery i feel worst now with all the pain and the shortness of breath hope this will pass fast
had a lot of blood loss during the operation so i've needed blood transfer after that
and also since I'm on mechanical valve and my INR isn't in range yet I'm on Heparin IV for three days now ..

open to any questions

thanks for all your support pre-operation

Congratulations and don't worry, extraordinary. Recovery from surgery will take some time, but I bet you'll feel much better before you know it. Pain varies a lot from person to person - virtually none for me (also pretty young for AVR) to very bad for others. Use that spirometer that they gave you in the hospital and walk as much as you can and you'll get your breath back soon enough. As your incision and sternum heal the pain should subside and it will be easier to breathe without hurting. As to the INR, I was on heparin and lovenox until I left the hospital, with the threat that I might need more after (I didn't). Do you know the specific reason for your blood loss? Did you have a repair or replacement of your aorta, or just the valve replacement? Right after surgery tends to be the worst because your body just went through an extremely traumatic experience, but you should feel better and better from here on.

Congratulations and don't worry, extraordinary. Recovery from surgery will take some time, but I bet you'll feel much better before you know it. Pain varies a lot from person to person - virtually none for me (also pretty young for AVR) to very bad for others. Use that spirometer that they gave you in the hospital and walk as much as you can and you'll get your breath back soon enough. As your incision and sternum heal the pain should subside and it will be easier to breathe without hurting. As to the INR, I was on heparin and lovenox until I left the hospital, with the threat that I might need more after (I didn't). Do you know the specific reason for your blood loss? Did you have a repair or replacement of your aorta, or just the valve replacement? Right after surgery tends to be the worst because your body just went through an extremely traumatic experience, but you should feel better and better from here on.

thanks so much,
I had an Aortic valve replacement but my valve was too small so they had to take so of the calcium down there to make a place for the new valve,
i think i've needed blood transfer because i just delivers my baby 4 months ago and delivery it self make you loss a lot of blood

i have also blurry vision sometimes and they say it's from all that medications !
while its good enough that i can write into this forum again the last 6 days has been so painful that i literally wsn't able to do anything not even check my pone

Those first few days post op are very rough, but it will get better. Take it slow.
My hospital stay was 16 days to get my INR up and stable and my INR has never been any trouble in 8 years.
Try to rest whenever you can---naps are good :D

Those first few days post op are very rough, but it will get better. Take it slow.
My hospital stay was 16 days to get my INR up and stable and my INR has never been any trouble in 8 years.
Try to rest whenever you can---naps are good :D

hey thanks :D that was uplifting
i was discharged yesterday after i have been there for 12 days ..
still tired and short in breath hope this will get better soon

Good to hear you're now in the friendly confines of home ... I had my AVR back in December at age 38. I was tired a lot & had shortness of breath too ... you'll get better, it's just a slow process. Listen to your body more than anything.

Hi extraordinary, I hope you're feeling better each day. You've been through a lot. Your 3rd OHS, right? How long will you be staying in the US before flying back home?

Just take it easy and do your breathing exercises. :)

Hi extraordinary, I hope you're feeling better each day. You've been through a lot. Your 3rd OHS, right? How long will you be staying in the US before flying back home?

Just take it easy and do your breathing exercises. :)

Heeey, yes this is my 3rd hopefully my last (finger crossed)
I'll be here at least for 1 more month , it's so hard to go to sleep as my whole body aches to even roll around in bed !
I miss my young baby boy who is with his Aunti back home <\3

Good to hear you're now in the friendly confines of home ... I had my AVR back in December at age 38. I was tired a lot & had shortness of breath too ... you'll get better, it's just a slow process. Listen to your body more than anything.

Well it's my temperorary home it's not where I belong hopefully will be back home soon !
Hopefully ! Thanks a lot every bone in my body acheeeeees so baaaaaadwaiting patiently for the old me

Hope things start getting better fast. It does get better. As everyone has said keep using the incentive spirometer and walk. Don't over do it though. I had my last surgery away from home also and spent a month in the town that I had surgery. I can't imagine how home sick you are away from your little one.

Debbie

Hope things start getting better fast. It does get better. As everyone has said keep using the incentive spirometer and walk. Don't over do it though. I had my last surgery away from home also and spent a month in the town that I had surgery. I can't imagine how home sick you are away from your little one.

Debbie

Hoping <3 thanks a lot , yes I'm feeling homesick and missing my baby
Counting the days down ^-^ but in the first place all of this decision were made for his best ;*
Away now hopefully never again

Latest posts

Back