Recovery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny_H

My surgery is coming up, and after leaving the hospital I will go to my sister's place. She and her husband are graciously giving of their time and energy as an act of love and I appreciate it more than I can say.

My question here has to do with a concern that they don't know a great deal about what that recovery will entail.

Can anyone point me to a video or article which summarizes the details of an OHS and what a patient will typically go through during recovery? I feel like watching something of that sort together might make the recovery more successful.

My question here has to do with a concern that they don't know a great deal about what that recovery will entail.
I think you may be complicating this surgery and recovery. In the majority of cases we just go home, take it easy for a few weeks and then return to our ordinary lives..........nothing special. The hospital and your doctors should provide you with post-op info that will be helpful to you and your caregivers. This surgery has been done successfully since 1960.

Latest posts

Back