28 years and ticking!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twinmaker

Twenty-eight years ago today, I had my St. Jude valve implanted. It's been a good and loyal friend all these years and I'm counting on it for many more! I need to stop and listen for the ticking today. Seems I don't do that enough. I never hear it anymore. I don't mean to take it for granted. I guess after 28 years our valves really do become part of us. I am blessed!! LINDA

Hi Linda,

Congratulations. You are my hero for trying out the St. Jude so it was there when I needed a second replacement. I had my first OHS the year before yours and unfortunately the St. Jude was not offered to me. If it had, I might not have ever needed additional surgeries.

I hope you have a wonderful celebration. Looking forward to many more valversaries.

Congrats Twinmaker!

Just celebrated my 26th back in June. In lab tests these St. Jude's are good 300+ years according to my thoracic surgeon...I'm looking forward to proving that out. :)

Wow Linda!!! Something to cheer about a great milestone and a encouragement to all who keep on ticking.. Thanks and may you have many,many more ticks. :)

Linda,
Congratulations on your 28th.
Hopefully anniversaries like yours will give some hope and relief to those facing surgery.
Rich

Linda, congratulations on 28 years. Maybe we DO take it for granted....and that's a good thing. Shows it has very little impact on our lives:D

ps: Like you, I havn't heard mine "click" in years.

Linda, congrats on 28 years! It is with thanks to all you "old"timers that we have such an easy time of it today, so thank you, Linda and all the rest of you (Matt, dick, geebee and all the others).

that's awesome. your valve has lasted for as long as i've been alive. here's to many more!

I'll bet 28 years hasn't passed in a flash, but isn't it amazing how our lives move on and we take the living of it for granted. :) It's just healthy and perfect that we can leave our thoughts of mortality behind and just keep on tickin' ..

Congrats on those 28.

Congratulations! 28 years that is just fantastic!!! Makes me very hopeful of the future. My surgery is coming up very soon and to see anniversaries like your is inspiring to the rest of us.

Happy 28th.....just so awesome!
:D

Lori

Latest posts

Back