2009 ValveReplacement.com Head Count

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2009 ValveReplacement.com Head Count

• Yes, I will attend (1 Person Total)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Yes, We will attend (2 People Total)

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Yes, We will attend (3 People Total)

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Yes, We will attend (4 People Total)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, We will attend (5 People Total)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided - I'll let you know as soon as possible...

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • No - I will not be attending - You people are all crazy!

Votes: 20 39.2%

• Total voters
Mary -- count us in too. You oldtimes will know how excited we all will be to see "Fabio" again..:D

We've got the contract for the hotel, so anyone who has responded to this thread and would like to get a jump on their room reservatons, shoot me a pm.:)
Actually a better idea is to shoot me your email address so I can send the hotel page to you. I don't think I can do it using a pm.

Hi Mary,

I did change my RSVP to tentative. Will know more in Jan;) Would you be kind enough to post the hotel info in a link here? It may assit others in making a decision.

Thanks!

Hi Mary,

I did change my RSVP to tentative. Will know more in Jan;) Would you be kind enough to post the hotel info in a link here? It may assit others in making a decision.

Thanks!

Hi Gina!

The link follows . . . we've got a negotiated rate of $99 a night and the parking fee has been waived.
I asked for the newly renovated rooms with hardwood floors and two queen size beds, and that's what we have!:)
They're also offering a discount for Hertz rentals that I can send separately to those wanting a car rental. Airport shuttle service is free and also offered within a four mile radius of the hotel. The Metrolink has a stop two blocks from the hotel, so that's another option for transportation.

www.cpclayton.com

Is there a phrase or code we need to book rooms? (That's usually the case for events I've made hotel reservations for.)

Yes, ask for the VR.com block.
There's also a discount code for Hertz rentals, but I will need to send that by PM.

Hi Gina!

The link follows . . . we've got a negotiated rate of $99 a night and the parking fee has been waived.
I asked for the newly renovated rooms with hardwood floors and two queen size beds, and that's what we have!:)
They're also offering a discount for Hertz rentals that I can send separately to those wanting a car rental. Airport shuttle service is free and also offered within a four mile radius of the hotel. The Metrolink has a stop two blocks from the hotel, so that's another option for transportation.

www.cpclayton.com

Wow! Clayton! That's where I grew up! Although I don't want to commit to anything right now, it would be fun to see my old stomping grounds!!

And not far from Frontenac! And Saint Louis Galleria! And Brentwood (where my niece lives)!

Interstate 64/Highway 40 should be reopened between I-270 & I-170 by then. On my visit to STL 2 weeks ago, seems I heard that it may be reopened in December or January. Then crews will start work on rebuilding another :( stretch of I-64. It's been a pain in the arse trying to get around St. Louis, if you're not a native. (Thank heavens for my GPS!).

Here's a linke to an update at the FOX station (Channel 2):
http://www.myfoxstl.com/myfox/pages...ale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

John & I were in St. Louis this weekend and got to see several thousand people trekking on the about-to-be-opened new stretch of I-64/US 40 at McKnight.
This is in the vicinity of the hotel for the reunion.
Unfortunately, I-64/US 40 is now closed toward downtown for a makeover.
Will be making my airline reservation this week for the vr.com reunion.

I had to answer No. My niece is getting married the week before and I am not able to take 2 Sundays off in a row.

Thanks. Two days ago I checked the flights to St. Louis, and the prices for all the airlines were FANTASTIC. So, I wrote to a friend who lives in St. Louis to see if we could get together. She just answered and said of course. So, I went back to Expedia, and the prices went up by $200!!!:mad: I should have reserved two days ago. Now, I think I will check back every day to see if there is another "special". So, I don't want to say I'm going until I have actually reserved the plane ticket.

Any idea when the 'main dinner' is? Friday? Trying to figure out how I can swing it!:D

ps...round trip from Chicago to STL is 146 rt tax included. For anyone that is interested. Orbitz on AA. Sounds worth it to save a 10 hour ttl drive!

Have not heard Pam? In years past...dinner was on Friday. Would not want to miss. At this point....I can do Thur AM to Sat AM. Hopefully it will work out.:)

Looks like it will be Friday night, but I don't know the time. I would hazard a guess of 7pm, but that's only a guess!

Well, I've done it. I've reserved a round-trip flight to St. Louis from Wednesday, March 11 to Sunday, March 15 (leaving Sunday). So, please take me off the "undecided" list and put me on the list for "one person coming". The last time I was in St. Louis was in 2003 for my high school 40-year reunion!!!

I'm feeling a little sorry for myself that I just won't be able to swing it. I so enjoyed meeting everyone who attended the mini reunion in Pigeon Forge. For those of you who have never been to one of the reunions you might want to think about trying to attend. After just a few short hours all the "strangers" and "screen names" become living breathing people and more than that....friends.

Latest posts

Back