2004 Colorado reunion agenda!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jean & HIRain,

Consider yourself informed! :D From the time of my divorce in 1991until til I found out I needed valve surgery in 2000 I use to frequent this one bar every weekend. I would take a taxi there and home so I never had to worry about getting a DUI! :)

I got to know the owners quite well, and their grown up daughter who took over managing the bar, to the point I was helping count the tips for them at the end of the night. I even bar tended a couple of times for them in an emergency, since I knew where everything was and could make drinks, plus they trusted me. They asked me if I wanted to bar tend on a permanent basis but I declined. It was a lot more fun being on the drinking side of the bar! :D So that was how I knew what well meant!

Okay Jean, just tell them you want well water! :D

I have emailed a list of those coming to the Golden reunion and their cell phone numbers where available to all coming to Golden. If you are coming and didn't receive that list, or have trouble with it, email me and I see if I can fix it.

I am unsure, but Friday when some are golfing - is that the suggested time for Red Rock Park or a different time? I would be interested in doing a nice walk somewhere at that time if anyone else is interested. Checking out all that CO beauty.

Sorry that I haven't been keeping up with this like I should. Jim and I are excited to be seeing all of you soon.

Shirley

Hey Shirley,
That would be a good time for a nice walk. :) There is a walking trail at Red Rocks Park called The Trading Post Loop, it is 1.4 miles long and has some wonderful views.
Looking forward to seeing you guys in two weeks. :D
Take Care

If you want an uphill climb you could try the Mother Cabrini Shrine on Lookout Mountain just west of Golden. My wife says that Catholics will recognize that the steps are a rosary and stop every tenth step, whereas Protestants just about kill themselves going non-stop to the top.

Golden Gate Canyon is another nice state park nearby.

The Clear Creek trail runs along the creek just out the back of the hotel.

If anyone is interested, there is a nice railroad museum just east of Golden on State Highway 58.

So far I have only heard of 2 golfers, Lance and Hank. Which course do you want to play at and when?

I can bring a projector and put my slides on a screen. Is there going to be a screen for Karaoke? My screen doesn't fit into the car that I will be driving.

Sounds great Shirley! Need to break in my new hiking shoes! Maybe prior to would be a better plan ;) Looking forward to some adventure in the "great outdoors"! Redrocks...would also like to visit the "rosary steps" Does this mean you all would pass me up while I am praying the rosary? :D Well, the only other Catholic in the group that I am aware of is my good friend Janie. ;)

Hey, Gina, add me to the trio of Catholics. I'll do the rosary steps too ;) I'm looking forward to a nice hike and will bring my new Nike Shox, my extremely ugly but very comfortable new tennis shoes. Promise me you all won't make fun of me when you see them :eek:

allodwick said:
If you want an uphill climb you could try the Mother Cabrini Shrine on Lookout Mountain just west of Golden. My wife says that Catholics will recognize that the steps are a rosary and stop every tenth step, whereas Protestants just about kill themselves going non-stop to the top.

*Let's see...I'm no longer Catholic, but I'll definitely need to stop and rest every 10 steps...I guess I can stop and pray without doing the Rosary.

allodwick said:
So far I have only heard of 2 golfers, Lance and Hank. Which course do you want to play at and when?

* I mentioned earlier in this thread that my husband, Ray would like to golf, he just said "which ever one is the closest".

allodwick said:
I can bring a projector and put my slides on a screen. Is there going to be a screen for Karaoke? My screen doesn't fit into the car that I will be driving.
*We'll just have a small TV screen to read the karaoke words on, and if there's a TV in the room, we'll hook that up for the rest of the crowd to sing along by. BUT, anyone who is doing any speaking that night is welcome to use our PA system....it's brand new and should work great.

Hey, Jean, a couple more Karaoke requests: do you have Sheryl Crow "My Favorite Mistake", Bonnie Raitt "Something to Talk About", or the Carpenters "Superstar"? I already asked about Roberta Flack earlier. Just checking...

Sister Janie checking in here...for Sister Gina & Sister Sherry

Sister Janie checking in here...for Sister Gina & Sister Sherry

Al said:

Well 'Glory Be' Al...interesting observation there by your wife.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Miss Rain has done a fantastic job. Guess I'll have to buy her an ouzo.. :D

Jean -- is it really freezin' in Princeton, MN? :eek:

Hey Golfers!

Send me an e-mail or private message so we can get organized. Here are the two choices. Both are municipal courses.

Westwoods is in Arvada, about 10 minutes from the Golden Hotel. It is a 27-hole so there are lots more openings. My son was an assistant pro here for several years. It was the best municipal course in Colorado when it opened. Good views of the foothills - pretty much surrounded by houses now.

Red Hawk Ridge is in Castle Rock, about 1 hour from the Golden Hotel. It is an 18-hole. My son is head pro here. It was the best municipal course in CO when it opened. It is in the foothills - lots of ups and downs. One hole has an over 100 mile view from Pike's Peak to Long's Peak. Some houses close by but lots of territory way out from anything.

The sooner you let me know your preference the more likely you are to get the tee time that you want.

Westwoods

Westwoods

I am sure that will be a busy day, so the closer one sounds like the better choice to me. I wouldn't want to spend 2 choice hours driving to and from a golf course.

Sherry said:
Hey, Gina, add me to the trio of Catholics. I'll do the rosary steps too ;) I'm looking forward to a nice hike and will bring my new Nike Shox, my extremely ugly but very comfortable new tennis shoes. Promise me you all won't make fun of me when you see them :eek:

Sister Janie, Sherry, and Gina,
I'm catholic too, but I can't make it! I guess I can count on you three to walk it for me?
Sister Mary

Sherry said:
Hey, Jean, a couple more Karaoke requests: do you have Sheryl Crow "My Favorite Mistake", Bonnie Raitt "Something to Talk About", or the Carpenters "Superstar"? I already asked about Roberta Flack earlier. Just checking...

Hi Sherry, sorry...we don't have "My Favorite Mistake" or "Superstar", but we do have "Something to Talk About". We do have literally thousands of songs, but it's still hard to have them all.

However, you are all welcome to bring your own CD+G's, to sing your own music...
You can usually find them at Media Play or even a small selection at Walmart or Target. Just make sure they are the CD+Graphics if you want the words to appear on the tv screen for you, and you might want to write your name on the disc, so it gets back to you when we're done.

ShezaGirlie said:
Jean -- is it really freezin' in Princeton, MN? :eek:

Yes, Sister Janie...it really was freezing here last night. I think it was supposed to get down to the mid 20's......BBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! I'm not sure exactly how low it did get though.

Meanwhile about 100 miles south of Golden we are driving with the air conditioner on and looking at snow on the mountains.

Sister Janie, Sherry and Gina

Sister Janie, Sherry and Gina

When yall are climbing the steps on Lookout Mountain..and stopping every 10 stairs..and huffing and puffing...If a strange woman runs past yall. Just say, that must have been Granbonny..Our good Southern Baptist making her way to the top. :p :p :p :p :p

Georgetown isn't too far west up I-70 from Golden (less than 30 miles anyway I think) and there is a restored old narrow gauge railroad you can take called the Georgetown Loop. It's really a cool ride. I don't know what the days/hours are but they surely have a website...

International Reunion

International Reunion

Hey Everyone,
Jan & Bill from England are going to be attending the reunion, so we will have an international reunion. :D
Take Care

Latest posts

Back