2 days post op!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angel

Hello my VR friends!!
This is me, Angel! Everyone says I've done so well, I'm not sure! It seemed like a rough time for me! lol. Anyway, here I am 2 days post op and yes, I'm pretty sore when my meds wear off, but doing very well I think. I do have a temp of 99.? lets just pray that's just a normal thing and that will not create any problems for me. I have my hospital room decorated beautifully!! It's in bright pink, I bought all the stuff and had it all packed up in my suitcase and my beloved husband put it all into place for me, including the most beautiful dozen of pink roses he surprised me with!!! All of the nurses want to hang out in my room, they cant get over how beautiful it is! I'm just so glad this part is over and I seem to be doing as well as I am. Please keep me in your prayers, I have been thinking of each of you!! Thank you all for your thoughts, concern, prayers and all the help you provided me with during my preop days when I was so terrified. You all have been the absolute best and I thank you! I'll post later on when I feel up to it. You all take care of yourselves!!
Angel

Welcome to the other side Angel. Your room sounds wonderful. Great husband to surprise you with roses. Rest easy, use your breathing thing, and here's to a bump free recovery. :cool:

If you can even think about decorating your room, I'd say you're doing darn well. I guess we know now that your real name is Martha Stewart.;)

If you can post messages here at 2 days, you're doing better than I did and I thought my course was pretty benign. Hope it's all smooth sailing for you.

I am so glad you are doing well Angel......Don't worry too much about the fever....I have been running one since surgery ( almost 3 weeks) but I have no sign of infection and am told many people's bodies react to the trauma of surgery. Rest and let your body heal....Sounds like you are doing GREAT!!! Michael

Here's my 'official' welcome to this side, since we were getting the other updates thru a translator (Penny, lol). If you're not already agreeing, you will be within a week or two - this side of the mountain is a PARTY compared to the other side! Congrats! Now, do your breathing exercises and walks - very important and will accelerate your recovery greatly. Did you get cookies?

Last edited:
Happy to hear how well you are doing. A pink room....... love it. Tells us more about it. :) What 'pink' did you bring along with you?

Wishing you a bump free recovery.
You know the drill: sleep, eat, breathe, walk and repeat again and again and again.

Well my friend, glad to see you are up to posting on here. It is so great to have you back, I have only one favor to ask as your OHS buddy.... can you come and decorate my room?
lol just kidding but such a great idea! Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery with love and friendship. Hugs to you girlfriend! :)

Gee, and I thought I was being daring to even consider bringing one of my own afghans!

It sure sounds like you are doing well. At 2 days I couldn't even think of being on the computer.

Get lots of rest and use that durned spirometer.

Wait! You decorated your hospital room? In pink? :eek::eek::eek: Don't you know they add an interior decorating charge of 20 percent for that?

Just kidding. Delighted you doing so well and in fact are in the pink, health-wise. ;)

hi angel,
you sound terrific! the worst is behind you. just try and be patient in your recovery, all in its own good time. take it easy, rest up, do your walking and breathing and we will pray for a continued smooth and uneventful recovery.
stay well and cheery (sure the pink helps!!!),
sylvia

Hi Angel!

Great to hear from you! You sound like you are doing really well. I can assure you the last thing on my mind was posting 2 days post op! I had my husband post for me. Take care and please don't over-extend yourself. You need your rest. When you are much better though, please give us an update. Take care, and will be thinking of you!

Latest posts

Back