Worst movie of all time

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raverlaw said:
*drum rolls* (Sorry, Cort)

No worries...your usage here is perfectly acceptable ;). Course, succeeding usages will incur charges...lol.

*sighs*

I'm just finding this thread very fascinating. I don't see many movies, so I can't exactly comment. Still, it's interesting to see how we all have various viewpoints of the different movies mentioned....

Heh...if we all liked and disliked the same things, this'd be a boring world.

Cort, "Mr Road Trip"/"The Uniter", 30swm w/pig valve & pacemaker
member & newsletter editor, Faith COB, Batavia IL
"Mr MC"'s Family...& train & models = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
K's BL = http://forums.demonsoftware.com/index.php?showforum=15
Spotting MCs = http://www.chevyasylum.com/mcspotter/main.html
MC's Future = http://www.projectmonte.com/petition/

Ooooh!!! Let's not forget the infamous:

The Blair Witch Project!

Any film that gives you motion-sickness from the camera never staying still has GOT to be bad!!

A : )

I'm sure scads of you will disagree, but my LEAST favorite movie of ALL time was: "A River Runs Through It"................. blah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mindy

I have to add one more. Lost in Translation. I'm still lost. I kept watching, and watching, and watching....It did not get better.

I think that accent thing comes from the old studio picture system in Hollywood.

It was a style thing and the suits at dinner (and everywhere else) were part of the style. The accents may have been too. A lot of the accent coems from stage acting where performers are taught to enunciate (oohhh!!! Did I spell that right????) as if they were in a theater, projecting their voices towards specific points where microphones were planted. There are some pretty AWFUL examples around where you can tell the actors on screen are talking to a microphone hidden away in a potted plant that's sitting between the two actors in the scene.

Another odd bit of trivia: When sound first came along they had to deal with how to isolate the noise of the film camera. Before that time, no one cared what kind of a racket the camera (or anyone or anything else) made because there was no sound being recorded. Once the technology processed they had to find a way to isolate the camera noise and the first thing they tried was putting it in a big, sound-proof, booth. This worked all find and dandy except that once you put the camera in such a booth, it couldn't MOVE.

This is pretty subtle in the films shot during the period, but it's there and if you pay attention to you, you'll realize that there's rarely camera motion in these films.

I really should have gone to film school...... :rolleyes:

I had to revive this thread for a moment. If you haven't seen Two Brothers yet, don't. It has some beautiful photography, but the story is too depressing for children, which is who it's meant for. My 6-year-old niece cried and hid her eyes for the first half of the movie until my sister removed her from the theater. I knew the ending would be happy, but it doesn't get happy soon enough for my taste. I just wanted the bad stuff to be over. I guess that's my Pollyanna personality!

Every single Stephen King movie except the original Shining. I looove his books but the movies...watching them is REDRUM.

strawberry said:
Every single Stephen King movie except the original Shining. I looove his books but the movies...watching them is REDRUM.
But what about "The Green Mile" and "The Shawshank Redemption"?? Even "The Running Man" was pretty good, although it was changed quite a bit from the original story. Oh, I also recently saw "Secret Garden" (..??I think.... it's the new one with Johnny Depp as the divorced writer..) and that was pretty decent too!!

Cheers
Anna : )

OK, not EVERY single one. I haven't see any of those. I didn't even know Shawshank Redemption is Stephen King. Have to try those out. Hmmm going to the beach tomorrow. Better yet, maybe I'll get the books. ;)

He wrote a couple of great stories under his pseudonym "Richard Bachman"... I know "The Running Man" was one of these, but I can't remember if "The Shawshank Redemption" was as well (..and if any of you loved the movie, but haven't read the book, I HIGHLY recommend it!!..).

Speaking of REDRUM, I actually got to watch the original version of "The Shining" for the first time the other night. Ya just gotta love Jack, dontcha?!!

OK, enough from this avid fan....!

"Spawn." Or at least it's the most overrated.

Oh, and The Long Walk, by "Richard Bachman" may be the most underappreciated short story of all time.

Christian said:
"...The Long Walk, by "Richard Bachman" may be the most underappreciated short story of all time.
Oh, I LOVE that story!!! He has such a talent of delving right into the darkest recesses of the human psyche and revealing who the real scary monsters are.

New Movie

New Movie

I went and saw THE VILLIAGE By M, Night over the weekend I love it but my husband didn't. But I like that kind of movie. :eek: It will keep you on the edge of your seat.

A great movie that made me cry, Life is Beautiful.
Always a funny one to watch, The Great Outdoors and Uncle Buck
Gail

I hope this shows I am too young, but my husband loves Clint Eastwood movies, and I hate them! Old ones used to have 'R' ratings here, I think because it is a crime to inflict such bad acting on kids.

Never cared for Clint myself.

Caught this on cable, over the weekend and it deserves a hardy mention in the "worst" catagory - "Striptease" with Demi Moore and Burt Reynolds. Absolutely horrible. My husband's comment "Who's listening to the words?"

Abbanabba said:
Oh, I LOVE that story!!! He has such a talent of delving right into the darkest recesses of the human psyche and revealing who the real scary monsters are.

I read The Long Walk for the first time when I was about the same age as the primary characters, and I was spellbound. I think it's his best work -- probably because I prefer to see him, as you imply, focus on human-to-human conflicts instead of relying on animated cars or murderous clown-demons.

I'm surprised the concept has never made it onto the big screen. Seems it'd be readily adaptable to a two hour script and low budget to boot.

How about good books that were made into bad movies???

Has anyone read "Bonfire of the Vanities"? Great Tom Wolfe book.

Movie sucked, couldn't even draw enough air to keep a fire going (pun intended) .

OK, now that I think about it, Anna, Stand by Me was also based on a Stephen King short story called The Body. That's a classic. But I LIKE Blair Witch. In a cheesy sort of way. I feel compelled to rent it every October to get in the mood for Halloween. :eek:

Movies

Movies

Well I will stick my neck out here and say Braveheart, the historical facts of the movie were all wrong,

I had a hard time believing that William Wallace was having an affair with the wife of the heir to the British throne !!

It was far to glam and romantic and some of the speeches made me laugh

Although I must admit I do like Mel Gibson

If you are ever in Scotland visit the Wallace Monument in Stirling and you will be told the true facts about William Wallace who truely was a great man

Jan

Latest posts

Back