Worst movie of all time

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jan,

If accuracy is our test of movies, I'm afraid most would fail. I heard that Gibson's latest one was pretty accurate. I do notice that a number of Gibson's movies have a lot of blood and gore.

I Know...I am stuck in the 70's...BUTTTT......

I Know...I am stuck in the 70's...BUTTTT......

The Last Days Of Disco---IT REALLY IS AWWWWFFFUUULLLLLL....Nobody really famous was in it for one, for two, the plot was lousy...Worst Movie I ever saw....Harrybaby666 :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

Christian said:
I read The Long Walk for the first time when I was about the same age as the primary characters, and I was spellbound. I think it's his best work -- probably because I prefer to see him, as you imply, focus on human-to-human conflicts instead of relying on animated cars or murderous clown-demons.

I'm surprised the concept has never made it onto the big screen. Seems it'd be readily adaptable to a two hour script and low budget to boot.
Actually, it reminds me of another great story of his called "Rage", which I believe has been banned since the Columbine incident (..very similar scenario..). I think like a lot of great books/stories, you are able to get right inside the minds of the characters which doesn't always translate so well to film, which is perhaps why The Long Walk hasn't made it on our screens yet.

Hmmmmm, thinking we may have to start a Stephen King "fan club" thread..!! :D Even if you aren't a big fan of the horror genre, you have to admit he is a brilliant wordsmith.

Strawberry -
I think I could have enjoyed Blair Witch more if I hadn't been fighting nausea from motion sickness the entire film!! I might have to try it again on the small screen :)

Cheers
Anna : )

Anna>>Save yourself the trip, Blair Witch was a neat premise that was very poorly executed...

If nothing else, it seems HIGHLY improbably that the students in the movie would have had such a hodge-podge mix of film and video equipment with which to shoot whatever it was they were going to go shoot.

The idea was good, take a few budding actors, give them a few cameras and the neccesary accessories and set them loose in the woods for a week or so, scaring the living snot out of them and assembling the footage they've shot into a coherent film.

But the "genius" stopped there and never came back.

Maybe some time it will come on TV and you can watch it without spending a dime, please don't go out and rent the thing...

You'll be sorry you did..... :rolleyes:

Harpoon - advice noted! Actually, I've just got my hands on the latest S.K. book in "The Dark Tower" series (Song of Susannah), so that will be superceding anything on the box for a good day or two at least!

A : )

Abbanabba said:
Actually, it reminds me of another great story of his called "Rage", which I believe has been banned since the Columbine incident (..very similar scenario..).

Cheers
Anna : )

Funny you should mention that one -- it was the first King story I ever read. I had a very close childhood friend who was fascinated by that story because he was being bullied terribly at both school and home.

I'm not a huge King fan, though I like several of his books a lot. He is, however, sort of in a class of his own when it comes to portraying characters in a brutally honest fashion, and that's why I find a few of his stories so compelling. I've been criticized in the past for comparing him to Toole (author of Confederacy of Dunces -- my favorite book) or Heller (Catch 22) but I think they're very similar. Toole and Heller did the same things as King without relying on blood. That's probably why they're so popular in Europe and King's so popular here. :eek:

I could go on and on and on, but I'm veering off-topic (and I suspect even off-website). If you ever want to chat about books, PM me. I'm an addict.

what a fun thread...

what a fun thread...

hi all!
i love the different opinions each of us has....

i, too, liked fargo, finding nemo (love disney), both shreks (loved), just saw bourne supremacy and liked it (and the first one) a lot.
liked i robot (fun), king arthur (although the story isn't the one i'm familiar with).

joey and i go to the movies often and i rent movies and run on my treadmill to them (watch half one day and the rest the next... or sometimes get carried away by a really good one and just keep running...)
some good videos i've seen:
men of honor, the red dragon (hannibal lecter) series ( i read the books),
how to lose a guy in 10 days, dreamcatcher, four feathers, emperors club, and so many more.

some i really did not like (hated): dogma, lost in translation, american splendor ( i think i must have missed something)...oh, and we recently saw the clearing with helen mirren and robt. redford, both of whom we love, but really did not like the movie.

one of my alltime favorites: the best years of our lives (i think they've made it in color).

can't wait to see the village_ love that scary stuff! (joey hates it)

will write after tomorrows movie.
have fun!
-sylvia

Latest posts

Back