Worst movie of all time

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Raverlaw

Since Dave wants to know what movies we like, how about some to AVOID :eek:

Feel free to vent/flame here!

My #1 worst movie of all time is....

*drum rolls* (Sorry, Cort)

Northfork. What a piece of S-*-*-T

I will think of the name of the movie and post back. It was absolutely the worst piece of film work I've ever seen in my entire life. Darn it bugs me that I can't think of the name or even who played in it right now.

We walked out on Cat and the Hat.

Theodore Giesell was probably rolling in his grave... =(

My 4 year old son kept saying "I don't like it..."

He was caught up by the big screen and what was going on visually, but he really didn't like the movie (or understand what was going on) and we left when Mike Myers mooned the audience, about 12 minutes into the movie...

Patrick LOVED Finding Nemo, his first big screen movie and he just at it all up!!! After the first scene, when the whole theater goes to black, he called out in the darkness, "Where'd Nemo go mommy? Where's Nemo?"

Damn that kid is cute!!! :D

There are too many bad movies out there.

These car movies that are going around now are just stupid. And I don't like "disaster" movies either. Don't understand how that 10.5 "made for TV movie" got made after 9/11. Same with the new one, The Day After Tomorrow.

What is that anyways? Friday?

I don't believe in special effects film where the CG rendering farms become more important than on screen talent or the storytelling. Special effects, including CG, have their place. Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings and StarWars are all cool but they're driven by STORIES and acting, not by computer effects.

The only movie I allow "cheezy" CG effects is Independance Day because the CG stuff is secondary to the story. They needed it to blow up some landmarks (though their choices were a little corny at times and didn't really fit the storyline) but that's all they did with it.

Not counting the aliens and their ships of course. Hollywood seems to make better ships and monsters on computer than in costumes...

Yes, but you have to forgive any movie where Will Smith pounds the alien invader unconscious in the schnozz and says, "Welcome to earth!" One of the great moments in film!

hensylee said:
I loved this movie. Saw it more than once. Am I weird - or what?

I loved Fargo too - although I've read that audiences either absolutely loved it or absolutely hated it, with no middle ground. I *know* I'm weird, LOL....

There are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many bad movies out there... just check your local video store for the multitude of B grade trash (..although, having said that, some of the B grade trash is quite good!..).

However, my vote for worst movies that the critics LOVED and raved over go to....

1) Mulholland Drive (..what the????..)

and

2) The Royal Tenanbaums (..great cast, crap movie..)

I was also at a loss to understand what all the hype over "Bowling for Columbine" was all about either (..I watched this purely to see how such a tragedy could get a comedy rating - I still don't understand!..). It seems to me that Mike Moore just likes to pick any "delicate" subject and then takes the "contraversial" view, more to make a buck (..in my opinion..) than because he actually believes in what he's saying.

Anyhoo..... just my 2c.

Cheers
Anna : )

Kill Bill, Fargo, The Adventures of Pluto Nash...The list goes on and on.

However, I can't wait to see Shrek 2. I love kid movies.

Some favorite oldies: Roman Holiday, The Great Escape and old John Wayne movies

Eyes Wide Shut was a little hard to understand for me... I mean, I know what was supposed to be going on and all, but could Kubrick have been a LITTLE more oblique???

Probably not....

You can't lump B picture movies into the category of "worst movies" because of the nature of the genre. It's a whole other level of cinematic expression and frankly, of course they're BAD, but they're so BAD that they become good....

Plan 9 From Outer Space is a just a BAD BAD BAD film, but it's a cult classic because of it's terribleness and in that sense, it earns (at least in my book) a special place in the "good films" list.

Same with many other B movies.

There are a few bad B movies of course, ones I'd never waste my time on.

Oh, for the record, Ed Wood was pretty decent.

Bad

Bad

Yup, hard to remember bad movies. Anticipated great ent. with "eyes" HUH??? But my kids had a movie of some guy on a bicycle, think twas Pee Wee Hermon or a reasonable faxsimile. JUNK< JUNK :)

Worst movie

Worst movie

My daughter's rented a movie for a sleep over. It was attack of the killer tomatoes. Believe me don't even rent this one.

Back