When did you say goodby to Huggy Pillow in public?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I left my huggy pillow in the hospital. I just didn't have any pain and never needed it, thank goodness. If you feel like you don't need it anymore, just leave it at home.

Kim

For the first few weeks going to doc visits I brought the pillow for the car ride only.
The passenger side had no airbag, but the seatbelt is not good to have across the chest area for a while.

I was given the "pillow" the day I was discharged.
The "pillow" made it home, then it was stored away in the basement - where it still is today.
Once at home I found that it stunk and was making me sick to my stomach so I didn't use it at all.

What? We Have To Give Up Our Huggy Pillows?

6 1/2 months out and I never leave home without it! LOL.

I still go "Dam" everytime I sneeze.

Rob

Pillow? What pillow? I did hug a regular pillow when coughing, and for that first sneeze. Luckily I didn't sneeze for the first two weeks! Ouch!

Almost four years out, mine still sleeps with me and accompanies me on most trips out of town.;):eek::p

Use it until you start forgetting it - if you can leave home without it, you don't need it!

I used mine for seat belts in cars, and also on the public bus. My daily bus route took me over a particularly bumpy section of road, and I hugged for my dear life for about 6 full weeks on that section.

What? We Have To Give Up Our Huggy Pillows?

6 1/2 months out and I never leave home without it! LOL.

I still go "Dam" everytime I sneeze.

Rob

Some things just don't change. I assume ya'll are talkin' about the pillow that was clamped tite against your chest as you sat on the side of the bed and tried to cough...and cough....and cough. I'm surprised they give you one to take home and that's probably why hospital costs are going thru the roof:p. I had to go home and use my own bed pillow. There is a new thread that just started that talks about a "heart hugger" (see Eureka). Sounds like an improvement over the pillow.

You'd a thunk that, after all these years, medical science would've invented something that wasn't....oh so painful. But take heart, the pain does go away after ten, fifteen years:eek:.......just kidding:cool:.

I luv mine,2nd one and toss em in the wash and dryer
helped me alot with the throwing up part in hospital.
sneezings easy compared to that.
sleep with mine since i got home and good for tossing a frustration or two:p

zipper2(DEB)

In my hospital, they let us take the pillows home - unhygienic to re-use a pillow that has been used for coughing into ; the pillows were donated by IKEA for that purpose.

HUGGIE :

In my hospital, they let us take the pillows home - unhygienic to re-use a pillow that has been used for coughing into ; the pillows were donated by IKEA for that purpose.

HUGGIE :

I don't think IKEA has them any more I tried to get some a year or so ago, so ended up getting more Ugly dolls

I never needed mine and therefore never took it in public. It's still up on a shelf in the closet - autographed by everyone who came to see me in the hospital. My favorite is from my liberal friend who accused me of being a bleeding heart, just like her! I told her that at least I recovered from that ailment!

My personal opinion is that the longer you act sick, the longer you'll be sick. If you don't think you need it, then leave it at home.

Latest posts

Back