Well. . . It happened again

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epstns

Premium User
Supporting Member
A "status quo" cardio check-up, that is. I had my semi-annual cardio visit and annual echo this week. He says the echo is almost the same as last time. Some increase in gradient but all dimensions are within norma and EF is well into the normal range. Although I've slowed my jogging pace a bit, he still says that surgery is "a year or two" away.

I guess that's just about on the original timetable we discussed when I was first diagnosed. At that time (in 2002) they said "10 years or so."

So, since we have the huge flat-screen and new sound system already installed in The Waiting Room, what else have we forgotten to do in here?

A "status quo" cardio check-up, that is. I had my semi-annual cardio visit and annual echo this week. He says the echo is almost the same as last time. Some increase in gradient but all dimensions are within norma and EF is well into the normal range. Although I've slowed my jogging pace a bit, he still says that surgery is "a year or two" away.

I guess that's just about on the original timetable we discussed when I was first diagnosed. At that time (in 2002) they said "10 years or so."

So, since we have the huge flat-screen and new sound system already installed in The Waiting Room, what else have we forgotten to do in here?

Do we have a refrig and microwave in there? I can't remember.:confused:

Steve,

Just curious... what readings are you coming up with on your echo? I'm kind of in the same situation, with a .7 size opening and a 36 gradient reading...

Thanks,

Martin

Hey Steve,
Good news again!
You have been in that waiting room a long time, and that's not all bad.
Hang in there and keep enjoying your life.
I think that the positive thing for you is all the advancements that have been made over these years will be a good thing for you when the time comes.
Rich

Sounds like a good report to me Steve!

As we speak, I am waiting in my cardio's office to have my 6-month Echo & to see if I too get to join you in the waiting room......hopefully for a long time to come!

Stay well! :)

That's good news, Steve...we'll keep the waiting room merry a bit longer! We're similar in age and on a similar track. I was first diagnosed with AS in 2004, but they didn't find the BAV until 2 years ago. My cardio says I have probably a couple of years before the numbers get into the range for surgery. Who will go first...you or me?

Best wishes,

Jim

Hey, gang -- lots of ideas here!

Duffey - IIRC, we did the fridge and microwave last fall.
Superbob - We do have a recliner, but we can always use more -- and Bina is right, the leather would be good.
Marsha - Thanks for thinking of the espresso machine. Now all we have to do is learn how to use it!
Bob H - I have the decorators scheduled in next week to do the new wallpaper and carpet cleaning.
Kinda feels like home, I've been here waiting so long. Don't think I would change it for the world, though. I have all of our wonderful family and friends here to keep me company and share all the wisdom.

Mentu - I used to keep copies of all my tests at home, but there are so many now that I keep them with my cardio. My cardio is the one who interprets echo's for their entire practice group.

Jim - I'm not sure who will go first, you or me, but let's not race. . . OK?

I'm glad to have been able to wait this long, and maybe if I can hang on another year or two I can have a greater likelihood of being able to go with a tissue valve and not worry about re-operation.

Thanks for all the good wishes, everyone, and let's keep The Waiting Room a fun, friendly place for folks to stay until it is time.

Steve, good to see you're still maintaining your position in the waiting room. How about wireless internet in the waiting room, to use while reclining in the leather recliners?

As soon as I saw your, "it happened again" I knew you were headed back into the waiting room! You have a remarkable longevity there, and that's fantastic!! Congrats on the report and have another stellar year!

Marguerite

Congratulations Steve, I had a discouraging stress test this year, and I don't jog, just walk, but I am keeping you company in the waiting room : )

How about wireless internet in the waiting room, to use while reclining in the leather recliners?

I'm pretty sure we got that wireless internet added a year or so ago, right, Steve? Someone needs to find a file cabinet to put all of the receipts and the inventory list in for safekeeping....

;)

Glad to see you are still in the WR, Steve!

Cort | 36.m.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker * 07/24/2010=ChitownMeet #3 *
MCs.Caprice | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I'll always be around" ... Willie Nelson ... 'Highwayman'

Back