vhmoriarty's surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dcpickle

I received an update which says her surgery is underway and going well. I'll post what I hear until her husband comes along later with his updates.

DP

That's terrific news! Thanks for the updates. Tell her we are all rooting for her speedy recovery!

Hi, I'm Bill, Valerie's Husband. I posted this on her FB wall, and just wanted to keep everyone updated.

"UPDATE: Sorry I haven't been able to update today. No signal in the ICU waiting room.

Valerie is doing well. She had a small complication at first but, as for right now, all is good.

She had an aneurysm just outside the heart in the aorta, but they were able to fix it. The aneurysm was 5 cm in size, and thus making her aorta a lot larger. After removal, they had to graph the aorta to get it right again. The aneurysm was so large that it was actually pushing her heart to the left and they were concerned that they may not be able to do a Ross.

But she pulled through, and they were able to complete the Ross Procedure.

She is now in ICU, and will be until morning. When I left at 6:30 she was beginning to come around, using sign language. She is still on a ventilator, but they will be removing that once she regains full consciousness.

I am going to go back to the hospital now, but will update again tonight. And in the morning. Please also remember, you can email me anytime... I do keep my phone with me (so I can check my email). My email is (Email address removed for user safety by Ross. If you want it, PM me.) or you can just send me a message here on FB. (I am the guy shes engaged to, and there is a link in her information section.)"

Glad to hear that she is doing well. Get some rest yourself tonight while she is in ICU, she is in good hands right now and will need you to be well rested when she needs you more.
Was it a surprise she had a 5.0 aneursym? If so, how could they have not known that before hand? Glad they fixed while they were there.

Best wishes.

Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back