Update on Idrees

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whew!!!

Whew!!!

I just knew things were going to go well, but it's always good to read that it did! Will keep you guys in our prayers for a smooth recovery. Let us know how it's going. Many hugs. Janet

Well we are now 4 days post-op and recovery has been slow but bump-free. Idrees has had a considerable amount of lower abdominal pain which has been attributed to gas/constipation. He has been unable/unwilling to eat solids until today and did his first real walk today as well. I hope that this will help to ease his tummy troubles and get him moving in the right direction. On a positive note, his INR was checked last night on our home monitor and it was 2.3, the lab also did one and they got 2.2 which is terrific!! From here until discharge, we will use the home monitor to check INRs.

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Thanks for the update, I'm glad recovery has been pretty smooth. I agree that now that he is eating AND walking that will probably help with the gas pain. Are they giving him anything to help? I know that is one thing Justin has problems with as long as he is taking pain meds so he takes, let me go check we have 2 HUGE bottle still,Miralax (polyethylene glycol 3350 nf it that matters) until he is off them. BUT he HATES it, its a powder you mix with somethong (water juice ect) but Justin says it tastes like chewing a styrofoam cup.

Great to hear your son is progressing. Can't imagine how tired you must be, as a
Mom you feel you just have to be there most of the time. Try to get some rest before
you take him home, you will need that. Will continue to have Justin in my prayers and
you also. Laura B.

Theresa, sorry I meant Idrees, just have read to many posts and got a little confused
on names. It would be easier to blame it on the recent anesthesia, but probably that
is not the case!

Yeah......I had problems with the Oxycodone..........I was cramped up and smelling like an old tire fire..............stunk up the whole room

Glad to read surgery is over and went great,and inr is great too
continued wishes and god bless.

zipper22 (DEB)

It is one week post-op. and we are finally home...yippee!! It was a longer than usual stay due to the abdominal issues which we presume is gas. I had GI come and consult but that ended up starting a whole other state of affairs that just weren't productive at the moment. When Hem/Oncology showed up and wanted to consult on his enlarged spleen and a Hospitalist was put on the case, I called the Cardiologist and told him what was going on. He contacted the team and got us released today. TOO MANY PEOPLE INVOLVED!!
The surgery went well, there is a small pleural effusion but everything else seems to be on track. Hopefully the tummy trouble will resolve soon. He didn't want to eat solids for about 5 days so I'm pleased to report that he is now eating and in fact, went through the Taco Bell drive through on the way home from the hospital.

Thanks again to everyone for the kind words.

Great News. I think you did the best thing by getting him HOME! It is amazing how much better they feel once they are in their own home, expeically if they have pets siblings ect they miss.

Great news!!! So glad you guys are home nad can finally get comfortable with movement and eating. Sounds like it was a rough road as far as pain management and all. I hope everything falls into place now that you are home. Keep us posted.

Latest posts

Back