Update on Idrees

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RI Mom

Idrees had his PVR today and it went very well. He was admitted on Monday in order to get the Heparin drip. The surgeons said that there was a lot of scar tissue to get through but that the muscle itself looks good, the right side is a bit thick but they seem to think it will thin as his heart begins to work more efficiently. They removed the homograft and replaced it with a 20 mm bioprosthesis. He is in the PICU and has been extubated. He is fighting a bit but seems much more comfortable now that the tube is out. His blood output was a little high so they gave him one unit in the PICU this evening. The team is very happy with his progress so far. I am exhausted but very relieved that the surgery is over. Thanks to everyone for their well wishes and support.

Great news! Now sending prayers up for a smooth recovery. Remember to take care of yourself so you can take care of your little one.

So glad it's over and went well. I've been watching for news all day. Get some rest. I hope he continues to do well. Can't wait to read more good news about his progress.

Idrees had his PVR today and it went very well. <SNIP>His blood output was a little high so they gave him one unit in the PICU this evening. <SNIP>

Did you mean to say that his blood output was a little LOW so they gave him one unit in the PICU this evening?

I can't imaging giving an additional unit of blood if his blood output was HIGH as stated.

Please Clarify.

glad to hear that the surgery was successful. get as much rest as you can so you can take care of your little one. it just never seems right when children have health issues like heart problems or cancer. you always wish it was yourself instead of them but kids are strong and they bounce back so quickly.

Latest posts

Back