UPDATE on bbbdirector

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbbdirector

I know its been quite awhile since my last update but here it goes....Mom made it home after 8 months @ the Cleveland Clinic & Rehab on Thursday, July 28th! She's doing great and I'm sure she will come around and log on in the near future.

Thank you all for your thoughts & prayers. She pulled through and we're so Thankful!

Her Daughter
NC

Wow, what a long journey you all have been on. How wonderful for her and you that she is finally home after all this time. I can't imagine how wonderful that must be.

Freaking amazing good news! Wow 8 months is a long time! You know the strength of your mom amazes me, I'm going almost 6 days at the hospital and I'm ready to lose it, 8 months is inspiring. It can be done people!

I wondered how your mom was doing. Glad to see she made it home. There becomes a point (for me after about a month) where you wonder if you would ever get out of the hospital. Hope it's a long time before she ever has to go back.

WOW!! reading about your Mom's story is very humbling, what an amazing fighter she must be! It makes me feel like a huge whiner. I'm so happy for your family that she is home finally and doing well. I can't imagine how you all coped. Looking foreward to hearing from her in person. Best wishes to you all.

Hi: It's been a while; however, I am still here.

I had heart valve surgery on Nov. 23, 2010 and was released from the Cleveland Clinic on July 31, 2011. I am still wondering when will I feel normal again? I still can not walk very far without my chest tightening up and feeling out of breath. I took the advice I got from reading some of your posts on this sight and found a new PC doctor - I am so glad I did! My past PC was hard to get in touch with and gave me the run around when it came to vaccines. His office did not have them - so he gave me a prescription to get it from the pharmacy and bring back to his nurse to administer it. After waiting over an hour in the pharmacy (that was downstairs from the PC's office) I found out that my Insurance will not pay for it unless the Doctor's office gave me the vaccine. My new PC's office had the Flu and Pneumonia Vaccine and gave them to me on my first visit. My PC prescribed a Meningitidis Vaccine. Her office does not keep that Vaccine on hand - so she and gave me a referral and the number to a 'Travel Clinic' to get the Vaccine. That did not work, because The Travel Clinic's policy is 'they only vaccinate people who will be traveling out of the Country and will only give people the Vaccines needed to enter the Country you are planning to travel to.

So I finally found out that if I change my PC Doctor to a 'Doctor within the Travel Clinic,' I could get the Meningitidis Vaccine if that particular Doctor prescribed it. I will try that route next week.

Even though I still get out of breath easily and don't feel as well Now as I did before the Nov. 2010 surgery, I feel a little comforted by the fact that 'everyone does not go frantic when I get an EKG now.' After my last Echo Sonogram a few weeks ago, the cardiologist said that my new Valves are working properly.

My new PC gave me a referral to get more Physical Therapy to work on my Balance and Endurance. I can tell that this round of Physical Therapy is helping because I feel that my 'gait' has improved and I am walking straighter.

I have been thinking of trying to make an appointment with Dr. Stubblefield in NY -- so I was glad when someone on this sight said that there was a Dr. Dric Wisotzky in DC who had studied under Dr. Stubblefield. I have an appointment with Dr. Wisotzky on January 29th. I would welcome some help with questions I should ask him during this initial visit.

My coumadin numbers are still not stable and I go to the Coumadin Clinic every 2 weeks. Right now, I take 5mg on Th and F & 2.50mg (1/2 tablet) the other 5 days. I was taking a 5mg tabled 3 days a week and 1/2 tablet the other 4 days; however, my nose bled. How long did it take those of you who take Coumadin for your numbers to become stable?

Also, how long did it take for you to feel normal again? I just wonder when will I be able to just Jump Up without thinking about it. I hope you know what I mean.

I thank you all for sharing with me.

bbbdirector
24 Years Old - Hodgkins Lymphoma - treated with Mantle Radiation and MOPP - 1978
57 Years Old - Mital Valve (Homograph) Replacement;
-Aortic Valve (St Judel) Replacement; and
-Aorta Root Replacement by Dr. Petterson at the Cleveland Clinic - Nov. 23, 2010
On Coumadin

Hello. It has been some time since I posted. I just had a bout with pneumonia and a 7-day hospital stay. I am still recovering from the effects of the pneumonia - mostly wheezing, coughing and asthma.

I found this group today because I have has significant nose bleeds for the last 3 nights - and again this morning. I am now wondering if the fact that I am taking aspirin along with Coumadin is the reason. I will contact my PC today.

Also, does anyone else take Metroprolol? I am asking because I wonder if it may have something to do with why I am still have upper respiratory issues and gerd 3 years after avr?

bbbdirector
24 Years Old - Hodgkins Lymphoma - treated with Mantle Radiation and MOPP - 1978
-Aorta Root Replacement by Dr. Petterson at the Cleveland Clinic - Nov. 23, 2010
On Coumadin

It's probably a good idea to contact the PCP and get an opinion on the nose bleeds. The aspirin might be the cause. I'm not on Metroprolol, but I would bring up the possibility of a medication change or reduction when you visit your cardiologist.

Hello. It has been some time since I posted. I just had a bout with pneumonia and a 7-day hospital stay. I am still recovering from the effects of the pneumonia - mostly wheezing, coughing and asthma.

I found this group today because I have has significant nose bleeds for the last 3 nights - and again this morning. I am now wondering if the fact that I am taking aspirin along with Coumadin is the reason. I will contact my PC today.

Also, does anyone else take Metroprolol? I am asking because I wonder if it may have something to do with why I am still have upper respiratory issues and gerd 3 years after avr?

bbbdirector
On Coumadin

Hi It's good to hear from you again, sorry you dont feel well. I was wondering have you had your INR since your nose bleeds? I'm guessing with everything you have going on and antibiotics it might be off.

Latest posts

Back