Update: Cort needs prayers

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mary has been doing a great job of forwarding these Cort updates from his family on Facebook, but she may not have been able to see this latest one yet, so I will go ahead and send along. Looks like good progress! Praise the Lord.

Joylyn Johnson
‎Cort Stevens is doing very well this morning. His platelet count dropped a little overnight, but Dr. Russell told Mom this morning that it appears that Cort's body is producing its own platelets now. They are giving him another round of platelets this morning just to be on the safe side. As far as i know his oxygen levels have also remained steady. Mom and Dad are on their way to the hospital.... I will be heading there this afternoon after work, and will try to update again once I am there. As of right now, he probably will remain in ICU for one more night so they can keep a close eye on him. Please pass this along to anyone who might want to know this but is not on FB because I am not able to send out an email update at this time.
Thank you!

I wasn't on all weekend, and checking in this morning saw the thread. Cort, I am glad to hear your progress, and look forward to further positive news as you checkout, etc.

Cort - Keep on giving it that great effort you've become known for! We knew you would do it, and we know it isn't easy, but do it you must. Just think about all the things yet to be done, road trips to be taken and time to be spent with all of your family and friends. We're all out here cheering you on, my friend!

And Joylynn, thank you for keeping us posted so well.

Our prayers and best wishes are with you, Cort, and with your family as well.

I was away for the weekend... and what a weekend!

Thanks for the constant updates.

Court, I am thinking of you asending you my healing vibes. Keep up the progress!

Mary has been doing a great job of forwarding these Cort updates from his family on Facebook, but she may not have been able to see this latest one yet, so I will go ahead and send along. Looks like good progress! Praise the Lord.

Joylyn Johnson
‎Cort Stevens is doing very well this morning. His platelet count dropped a little overnight, but Dr. Russell told Mom this morning that it appears that Cort's body is producing its own platelets now. They are giving him another round of platelets this morning just to be on the safe side. As far as i know his oxygen levels have also remained steady. Mom and Dad are on their way to the hospital.... I will be heading there this afternoon after work, and will try to update again once I am there. As of right now, he probably will remain in ICU for one more night so they can keep a close eye on him. Please pass this along to anyone who might want to know this but is not on FB because I am not able to send out an email update at this time.
Thank you!

Sounds promising thanks Bob for posting

Cort,

Glad to hear that you've turned the tables on your setbacks, and are terrorizing the nurses (gently) instead of fighting for breath. It's a better game with better prizes.

As always, my thoughts are with you, Cort.

Very best wishes,

This was 2 hours ago from his sister
am sitting here with Cort reading your notes to him from emails sent to me, posts on my fb wall and all of the posts on his fb wall (I think I might lose my voice!!!). He received a dose of pain medication about 45 minutes ago. He is eating ice chips and drinking some ginger ale here and there. His platelet count is good, and they lowered his oxygen slightly. He is very thankful for all of your notes - please keep them coming! I plan on being here the next two evenings to read them to him

ME
Also I noticied Wendy (Andrews Mom) was able to stop be and see him so thats a good sign

This was 2 hours ago from his sister
am sitting here with Cort reading your notes to him from emails sent to me, posts on my fb wall and all of the posts on his fb wall (I think I might lose my voice!!!). He received a dose of pain medication about 45 minutes ago. He is eating ice chips and drinking some ginger ale here and there. His platelet count is good, and they lowered his oxygen slightly. He is very thankful for all of your notes - please keep them coming! I plan on being here the next two evenings to read them to him

ME
Also I noticied Wendy (Andrews Mom) was able to stop be and see him so thats a good sign

Another good update !!! :) :) Cort, you ROCK.

Now THAT sounds more like the Cort we know! It just took a bit longer than expected to get to this point, Cort, and we hope (and pray) that your progress now continues at a more rapid pace. You know the drill better than most of us, so we won't try to tell you what to do next. . . but if you do catch any of the nurses, say "Hi" for me.

Back