Two things to celebrate

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Always Assume Positive Intent
Yesterday was the first time that my INR has been stable enough from check to check that they left my dosing completely alone, which was a big deal mentally for me! Also, I realized later in the day that yesterday marked one month since I was taken off of amioderone, and I haven't had any issues since that time. I was concerned when coming off of it that I would have A-Flutter again, and I am happy to report that this hasn't occurred, knock on wood. Celebrate the little things, right?
:D

You Bet! I'd say it's time for the Happy Dance.
Knock on wood, tap your toes and put a big grin on your face.
It is the little things that count.

bunny1.gif
bunny1.gif
bunny1.gif
bunny1.gif

congrats.gif
bunny1.gif
bunny1.gif
bunny1.gif
bunny1.gif

:thumbup:

That's wonderful, Jason! Things are getting better and better, a cause to celebrate indeed!

I am just starting out on the Warfarin route (10 days post-op) so have yet to stabilise too. Once that's done I can get my INR checked and dose adjusted locally instead of at the hospital which is an expensive taxi ride away each time. I am on Amiderone too - not sure what the condition is called but it is where the heart races far too fast (AFib?). I'm stable now and am gradually reducing the dose - hope I can ditch that drug at my 6-week check maybe. We'll see.

So I can partly understand where you are coming from with all this and hope you continue to improve in leaps and bounds from now on!

Best wishes to you,

Thanks, everyone. I am certainly starting to feel better and better, every day. Recognizing and celebrating these small steps does wonders for my outlook!

She's a tough ride physiologically Jason and I agree that the little things count. I too am stable enough with my INR for no more adjustments. As I re- enter the working world this coming week, I was reminded to take it easy and not to take things personally.

It is what it is, as much as we wish we could change things in our lives it's the future that we must focus on. Staying positive supports good choices, hope your recovery continues to be flutter free.

Celebrate the little things? Heck, I'll celebrate almost anything these days!

Good to hear that things are looking good for you.

+1

Sounds like things are getting better as time goes on. Sometimes it is hard to realize that until we look in the rear view mirror.

Latest posts

Back