TOOTS pic 6 weeks post op

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stilldreamin

I waited for a real TOOTS shirt... thanks Tobagotwo for sending it to me so quickly!
The shirt is now ready for the next person... just send me your mailing address and as soon as I get the hard copy of this pic included in the package I'll send it out!
Happy to be on this side of the mountain!!!
Jen

Look at that teeny weeny scar! Safe to say I think this will be Ross' favorite TOOTS photo to date.

Look at that teeny weeny scar! Safe to say I think this will be Ross' favorite TOOTS photo to date.

What have I done to fall out of his good books??

Yeah, stilldreamin, really teeny weensy scar, there!

How on earth do they operate and leave such a nice neat, short scar. Fabulous. :)

Yea, something not right about this tiny scar. Not Fair!
Yes I'm jealous!

I have to admit I was wonderfully surprised when I woke up too, even tho Dr Chu did say he would try to make it that small!
Don't know how he did it, but very happy he could!

Thanks for all the nice comments!

Jen

Ya look pretty good for 6 weeks post! And I'm jealous, too-teeny weeny scar. That puppy's gonna disappear in 12 months.

Great scar Jen,my 1st was a short scar like yours
now from my surgery Jan 2009 its LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG:( i want my old one back LOL:p

zipper2 (DEB)

You look fabulous!! So healthy!! Just glowing!!!

Great scar! Mine is virtually identical to yours. I have no idea how the surgeon got his hands in there to work!! He was a big guy, too! My "bullet holes" have long since disappeared (the tube scars) and I bet yours will, too.

Great shirt!! Those got going around long after many of us had had our surgeries. I think it is great that they are still in circulation.

Keep up the great recovery!!

Best wishes.

Marguerite

Well..........I'm just happy that women are participating. There is no reason not too. It's not like you have to get totally nude, even if I would like it. :D

Very impressive...how small are Dr. Chu's hands?!:D I am wondering if the scar depends on the surgeon's hands or ? I thought I was lucky with mine being 6 1/2":rolleyes:

The scars don't have to do with the size of the surgeons hands. When the little babies are operated on, even when their whole sternum is open, sometimes the incisions are only a couple inches long. Justin's first surgeon had some of the biggest hands I've seen, I kept looking from his hands to my little 5 pound baby who wasn't much bigger than them and whose chest was much smaller than Norwoods hands. I'm still amazed they are able to work on and almost entirely rebuild little hearts the size of walnuts.

Dang! You did that shirt proud...

The length of the attached sternum probably plays the largest role in the scar size, if it's a full split. Rib cages vary a lot. My sternum is fairly long, requiring a 13-1/2" incision. Some are only five inches or so.

Of course, size doesn't really matter. But have you ever heard what they say about the size of a man's sternum relating to the size of...

Well, never mind.

Best wishes,

........ My sternum is fairly long, requiring a 13-1/2" incision. Some are only five inches or so.

Of course, size doesn't really matter. But have you ever heard what they say about the size of a man's sternum relating to the size of...
Hmmmm.....I'm thinking we need to start a poll. Purely for research purposes of course...:D

Latest posts

Back