Today we went looking for bird pictures about 120 miles south on the Rio Grande

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow.gif
STUNNING
wow.gif

They are all awesome, but I like the picture in your 2nd post Dennis (This is as close as I could pull in this shot.)
We may have to talk about this one :wink2:

Oh for heaven's sake, Dennis....... here we go again. :rolleyes2:

Of course you must go buy a new lens. Have you had any fun with the last one we (um, I) encouraged you to buy? Have you "earned your stripes" with that last (really, not that recent) purchase? Yes you have. Your photographs are incredible. You have gained the knowledge, experience, fervor, reputation, expertise, desire, dependability and grace to warrant expanding your "tool box".

Dennis. It's just money. Life is short. "Just Do It."

oh, and I frankly like the last one from the first group....... personality captured...well almost... a little more light enabling a little faster shutter speed and you'd have had him with some intention, too. Anticipate, anticipate -- like shooting sporting events. And boy, do those guys have camera lenses!! :eek2:

Thanks for sharing. Gorgeous color in these. and of course, the eagle is magnificent despite your grousing about the distance. Silly Dennis!

:smile2: Marguerite

Thank you to everyone for such kind words. Every time I post some pictures, I am eager to hear how people like them. I have enjoyed telling Barb about the encouragement I have received for buying a new lens. Unless you have purchased serious photographic equipment, it is hard to imagine how expensive it is.

I think a new (longer) lens may be in my future. As my friends, I thought some of you might be interested in a recent development that arises out of a longer context. I have someone whom I would call a mentor, but our conversations about photography have definitely been more important to me than to him. He made enough from selling images to put a daughter through college. (Those days are pretty much over for all but a famous few). At any rate, I would bug him with questions, and ask him if I could watch him as he worked-but it never seemed to work out. I will never forget the day he told me all I would ever need was a cheap point and shoot camera-obviously not a real endorsement of my abilities. That slowed me down for several months, but I finally decided that, despite his expertise, I felt he was wrong about me. Over the years I have sent him some of what I felt was my best work. There were not a lot of compliments, but I took what encouragement I could from those that came.

Recently I have combined my interest in writing with my photography to create various kinds of cards. I still do it because I like it, but I have had a slowly growing financial success which has not gone unnoticed by my "mentor". Where is all of this going---well, I sent him some copies of the bird pictures, and he liked them. No great show of enthusiasm, but he liked them. But the best part--he said "you need a longer lens", described what I needed, and the best place to buy one. Barb could hardly believe her eyes when I showed her the email. I guess the statement that I should get good equipment is as close as I will get to hearing that I am turning out some good work. But that is close enough for me. The owner of a local gallery had a friend approach me about a showing of some of my images. The cost of having them matted and framed is considerable. Perhaps I will first sink my money into a longer lens. I have also had a customer who wants to put one of my images on canvas. I have done that for one of our members, as well as a guy in Colorado. Apparently there have been substantial improvements in the technology for transferring an image to canvas, and it avoids the cost of matting and framing. I am looking into this right now with a company that comes with great references. I will be back when there is more to report.

Beautiful pictures as always, Dennis! :)

I need to bring out my camera and start taking more photos too! We have some beautiful vistas here and I'm wasting precious opportunity to capture the beauty.

Have you entered any of your pictures in the NM Magazine? I just received the January Photo Issue and some of the photos in there are outstanding. I just know your photos would certainly place in the competition!

Buy the lense.....it's worth the investment! :)

Gorgeous -- they made my day up here in cold, snowy Toronto. You have an eye for great composition and I love birds too!

I envy where you live and hope you keep posting photos as they keep getting better and better!

Dennis,

Your pictures are simply amazing ... love seeing them when you post 'em. :)

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_07.30.11_Cold.Treat *
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"You can call it life and say that it's not right" __ Mel McDaniel __ 'I Call It Love'

Latest posts

Back