Three Years Today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Larry.
Thanks for your reply.
My AVR was due to a severe case of endocarditis (false diagnosis). Surely this was the worst time in my life but also for those around me.
I do not have any “medical” advise to give as I believe that I am still alive due to a miracle (my surgeon feels the same)! The only thing that I can surely advise you is to feel positive and most important not to leave others to upset you for any reason.
Concerning myself, after three years, there are still times that I feel terrified when thinking that a foreign part is fitted into my heart. I still get upset-especially during the nights-due to the clicking but I also get terrified when I can not hear the clicking. I still can not remember whether I took my daily dose of Warfarin and get upset when I have to do the self-checking of my INR. I still have one of the worst scars in the world and still get jealous for those that they do not. I am still thinking that the miracle can easily turn into a disaster. Still however, I am grateful to God, my surgeon and all the others that stayed next to me during that difficult period. To them I own my life.
I hope that my comments would help.
Cheers
Petros

Concerning myself, after three years, there are still times that I feel terrified when thinking that a foreign part is fitted into my heart. I still get upset-especially during the nights-due to the clicking but I also get terrified when I can not hear the clicking. I still can not remember whether I took my daily dose of Warfarin......... I still have one of the worst scars in the world and still get jealous for those that they do not. I am still thinking that the miracle can easily turn into a disaster.
Petros

Congratulations Petros. I remember when you first cane into this forum a few months after I found it.
Glad that things are going well.:thumbup:

I do identify with the first part of your post regarding the "foreigh part" and the "clicking sound vs the non-clicking sound"......I think this will get better with time:wink2:

A pill box will solve the probelm of forgetting the pill.:biggrin2:

Your scar can't possibly be worse than the ones in the 1960s.....when they used a "chainsaw" to get thru the sternum.:tongue2:

Congratulations Petros. I remember when you first cane into this forum a few months after I found it.
Glad that things are going well.:thumbup:

Dick I thank you for your kind comments and wishes.
i will never forget your reply to my private message. God Bless You.
Petros

Dear Larry.
Thanks for your reply.
My AVR was due to a severe case of endocarditis (false diagnosis). Surely this was the worst time in my life but also for those around me.
I do not have any “medical” advise to give as I believe that I am still alive due to a miracle (my surgeon feels the same)! The only thing that I can surely advise you is to feel positive and most important not to leave others to upset you for any reason.
Concerning myself, after three years, there are still times that I feel terrified when thinking that a foreign part is fitted into my heart. I still get upset-especially during the nights-due to the clicking but I also get terrified when I can not hear the clicking. I still can not remember whether I took my daily dose of Warfarin and get upset when I have to do the self-checking of my INR. I still have one of the worst scars in the world and still get jealous for those that they do not. I am still thinking that the miracle can easily turn into a disaster. Still however, I am grateful to God, my surgeon and all the others that stayed next to me during that difficult period. To them I own my life.
I hope that my comments would help.
Cheers
Petros

Dude any time you think you have the ugliest scar, come see me and we'll go terrify the neighborhood kids together. I not only have multiple OHS scars, but scars from thoracotomy, hip replacement, chest tubes, catheterizations, swanz ganz catheters, multiple IV and blood gas sticks, PICC line inserts, 2 tracheotomies. Oh yeah, I'm a real sexy looking thing.

Just the fact that we survived makes everything else trivial.

Congratulations to you on your 3 year anniversary!!!!! May you have many more happy, healthy years! Take care.

Back