Swollen ankles/feet

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil

Hi All,

I seem to be experiencing swollen ankles and feet. After work I have tight sox line marks when I remove my shoes and the area feels tight all over (about 3 pm each afternoon I feel the tightness starting). More recently, the area around the arch of my feet and toes is also swelling. Have others experienced this, and if so how swollen did these areas become?

Thanks.

Phil.

Hi Phil,

I have experienced the exact symptoms, sometimes I cannot fit into my shoes at night. The next day my swollen feet and ankles reduce and I can fit into my shoes. I have discussed this with my doctors, however they have no answers except that I might be overweight and believe it's not related to my heart condition. I disagree.....but how do you argue with an expert.

Anyway, you need to consult your doctor to eliminate that it's not heart related.

Good luck.

Mimi

Phil - Have you discussed this with your cardio? There could be any number of causes for the swelling, but the doc is best equipped to evaluate them and recommend how to proceed.

"If in doubt check it out" repeat this mantra time and time again but to me it does sound like you may be in need of furosemide / lasix but your Dr is the one you need to see to know for sure ...once on them dont get far from a washroom / loo / john / wc ....you get the idea

Hi, Phil, edema in the legs and feet can be caused by so many things that the experience of others is probably not very helpful. I would add my voice to those of Mimi, Steve and Greg and encourage you to speak with both your family doctor and your cardiologist. It could be heart related but there are a lot of non-heart related problems that can temporarily cause this to happen. The swelling is your own "canary in the coal mine". Listen to your body and have it checked.

Larry

Hi All,

Thanks for your responses. I suspect it's related to my valve heading south and will discuss it when I see the surgeon in 4 weeks time. My appointment can't come quick enough.

Will keep you posted and thanks again.

Phil.

Phil - If it gets worse, or if it gets in the way of life, I'd call now rather than later. That way they have the option of seeing you sooner if they think it necessary. I know I felt like an Oompa-Loompa (remember Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory?) when I came home from surgery and I couldn't wait to get rid of the excess fluid.

Latest posts

Back