Surgical toe removal.......scared chitless

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zipper2

Two seperate valve replacements 19 years on coumadin and i can't sleep
at night and with all my appointments written and scribbled i for gosh sakes have
to call my doc tomorrow to confirm date this month.
BIG,BIG mistake was watching a video on toenail removal i shouldnot have watched,
in my oppinion watching it,i feel is worse than ohs.....GOSH not sure i can stay awake for this one.Maybe i will pass out:eek2:
Protimenow i read your post in prior posting and yeah im petrified and unsure i can do this but problem is i put it off for a year and it hurts so bad now i have no choice it hasto come off.
My doc says the worst pain will be the 4 freezings he has to inject the rest is a breeze:rolleyes:
so with that I leave you all to post any info you have for me,nothing can scare me
more than the videos iv'e watched.the thought of this proceedure
Totally not excited bout this challenge in my life LOL. HELP ME!!!!!!!! LOL
Any advise,any suggestions are very welcome even your humour is respected in this:D

Last edited:
Oh Deb, don't go looking at internet videos.....you don't need to be freaked out any more right now.
Hopefully it's just the nail being removed and not the whole toe like your thread title says. :) ;)

K so my thread says toe removal thought id open with fear and humor told you i was scared chitless and thats funny
but i meant toenail hahaha oh my gosh

If that toenail is causing you enough anguish that it only removal will cure, then it's time for it to go! Heck, with 2 OHSs under your belt you should be feeling 50 feet tall and bulletproof! I'll trade ya my impending AVR for your toenail removal...

I hate pain and this sounds painful and might make it hard to walk for a while. But as Greg said, think of how the long term relief will feel.

Oh Deb, I'm so sorry to hear that you're going to have to have a toe nail removed! But I can truly understand the pain and discomfort you feel right now too.

I suffer with ingrown toenails more than I care to mention. But I dig them out myself because I figure I can cause myself intense pain and cope with the pain I'm causing myself, rather than having someone else try to do it. My husband has tried helping me and I end up screaming at him to just stop and let me do it or to shoot me if he wants to!

All I know girl, is that you will feel so much better after it's dug out and it's all behind you! Be strong....I know you can do it....just think of how much ch*t you've already been thru in your life! You'll be okay! :)

Note: My SIL had an ingrown toenail surgically removed many years ago and she said that the relief she felt afterwards, she wondered why she had waited so long to have it done!!!

Well 2 hrs to go and inr is at 3.2 this toenail will be history
a different type of inflicted pain to deal with.
This definately should be FUN:wink2:
I'll squeeze @ scrunch my face as he injects the freezing and if
alot of blood I will PASS OUT! either way it will work for me LOL...GOSH:eek2:

Deb,

Is it possible to take a little calming med? I know that Xanax helps me with my anxiety which I have had my whole life.

I too would trade you my OHS with your toenail removal ANY DAY but, just think how much better you will feel. Ask your doc for a tranqulizer to help calm your nerves. :thumbup:

Isn't it ironic that you are more terrified now with a toenail removal than OHS?? Perhaps it's the anthesthesia and not knowing what's going on that helps.

Well it's done, its over since my doc was bit late the procedure ended quickly upon his arrival.
Removing the nail was fine,didnt even know it was done when he took it off.
The freezing was bad part 5 injections into different spots of the toe.
I found that uncomfortable and while i had a male nurse i grabbed his shoulder at each poke
of the freezing....OUCH...but i realised i shouldnt hurt him,how i wanted to,stead i remained gentle
afterward he commented was the best shoulder massage he'd ever gotten on a toenail removal.
Really i coulda seriously hurt him but was nice even though the freezing was awful.
As i said inr 3.2 not much bleeding at all,i have to keep the 6 rounds of tight wrapping along with
my leg elevated for 48 hrs and only so far all good.
If blood saturates through all of this then i have to go in and only then.
Seems to be good tiny bit blood showing through a small corner of 6 layer wrap and pain limited
i had it done 1pm its now 7pm so cant be too bad.i keep you informed

Latest posts

Back