surgery on friday

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cldlhd;n852685 said:
Well I made it through. Long operation,had a few migraines so don't feel like staring at screens. Hopefully over the weekend II'll feel up to posting more for anyone interested.
his,

Glad to hear it went as expected. Bet that first beer tasted good :)

Congratulations! I'm glad you're doing all right. I hope those migraines leave you in peace to heal now. Thanks for posting to let us know you're on the mend.

The first week after my surgery I didn't care about anything outside of my room. My husband had to prod me to even call my mother. I was tuned out.

I'll probably be heading home tomorrow. Probably be able to share more on Saturday. Thanks for all the good wishes. Unfortunately no ales yet, they want me to hold off on caffeine for awhile because it increases the risk of afib, figure I'll ease back into it in like 3 weeks. My wife says I must be feeling better because apparently I'm turning back into more of a smartass. Hey caffeine and sarcasm are 2 of my hobbies so no coffee that only leaves....

Wow Chris- I am so glad you pulled through. I have had my head planted in my posterior. I have been caffienne free for a while - I feel for ya.

Ever since I was around 12 I've had a couple of migraines with aura a year. Anywhere from 0 to 4 a year on average. Ever since my surgery I've been getting the aura almost everyday but without the headache pain and the nausea/vomiting. The aura goes away after 10 to 20 minutes. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this post surgery and if it's a temporary thing. Maybe there's still some swelling in there ( month post surgery on Saturday) that's effecting the nerves.

cldlhd;n853752 said:
Ever since my surgery I've been getting the aura almost everyday but without the headache pain and the nausea/vomiting. The aura goes away after 10 to 20 minutes. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this post surgery and if it's a temporary thing.
Read my topic on this exact same thing, Visual Problems following Cardiac Surgery: http://www.valvereplacement.org/foru...ardiac-surgery You'll see there's loads of other valvers get this too, and I found a big thread on the old forum which I linked to which had a lot of discussion about this. I'm still getting them over one year after surgery and I know of reading others that it can last longer. I believe it's caused by being on the heart lung machine but goodness knows why this happens.

Paleogirl;n853753 said:
Read my topic on this exact same thing, Visual Problems following Cardiac Surgery: http://www.valvereplacement.org/foru...ardiac-surgery You'll see there's loads of other valvers get this too, and I found a big thread on the old forum which I linked to which had a lot of discussion about this. I'm still getting them over one year after surgery and I know of reading others that it can last longer. I believe it's caused by being on the heart lung machine but goodness knows why this happens.

Thanks, I was hoping to hear its more temporary but guess I'll see.

I had a few after my first surgery. Usually came I spurts. A few a week, then none for a month or two. Sometimes came after playing hockey and was accompanied by mild confusion or mild weakness.

I spoke to eye doctor who did exam and said all was good. Then spoke to family doctor who said it is likely an aura migraine, and if it's bothersome just to relax a few minutes.

I've had 3 since my recent surgery, back to back days and that was last week. Nothing since! I hope you feel better !

Back