surgery on friday

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cldlhd

Well my surgery is all set for this Friday February 6th so any last minute advice ( I'm sure it's all been said out here a 100 times) or good wishes will be duly noted and definitely appreciated. Thanks

well firstly, best wishes for a smooth ride

secondly I'll again vote for go to your local asian shop and buy a tub of Korean KimChi (the more ordinary cabbage type, no need for any fancy kimchi's of fish or whatnot). This will be eaten by you when back in the ward in small servings (say a large table spoon) with your meals as a side salad (or as a "appertiser) and will do an excellent job in getting your bowels moving. Being "plugged up" is a common after effect and if you don't take something like KimChi to get you "moving and regular" they'll give you something FAR less savory. Don't let it get to the suppository stage or you'll regret it.

Best Wishes

pellicle;n852370 said:
well firstly, best wishes for a smooth ride

secondly I'll again vote for go to your local asian shop and buy a tub of Korean KimChi (the more ordinary cabbage type, no need for any fancy kimchi's of fish or whatnot). This will be eaten by you when back in the ward in small servings (say a large table spoon) with your meals as a side salad (or as a "appertiser) and will do an excellent job in getting your bowels moving. Being "plugged up" is a common after effect and if you don't take something like KimChi to get you "moving and regular" they'll give you something FAR less savory. Don't let it get to the suppository stage or you'll regret it.

Best Wishes
I took off tomorrow and Thursday maybe after I drop my boy off at school I'll go grab some, thanks

skeptic49;n852374 said:
Good luck, Chris...I wish you the very best outcome and a smooth recovery! I think you've done what you can to prepare...time now to get it done. I'm right behind you.

Jim
Thanks and I wish the same for you as well.

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you. I'm sure most out here have either been through a surgery,or surgeries , or know they have one in their future so my position is far from unique but as with most things it's different when it's your time. My wife, family and friends have been very supportive and helpful but there's something to be said for the positive thoughts from those who have been there.
I'm already imaging 4 months from now I'll be feeling fine,having a few pale ales while grilling on my patio and wondering what I was so worried about .

Hi Cldhd - speak to you next week. Wish you a very quick recovery! You'll be fine.

You really think it will be nice enough in only 4 months to be outside grilling? Dream on. The snow won't even be melted by then.

But, on the brighter side, you will be in a better state of health by then, and you'll be ready to enjoy it.

Chill. Remember, you have the easy job. Those waiting for you to come out of the OR will be far more anxious than you will be. All of you will do just fine.

Come on back afterward and tell us all about it. We're here for you.

epstns;n852401 said:
You really think it will be nice enough in only 4 months to be outside grilling? Dream on. The snow won't even be melted by then.

But, on the brighter side, you will be in a better state of health by then, and you'll be ready to enjoy it.

Chill. Remember, you have the easy job. Those waiting for you to come out of the OR will be far more anxious than you will be. All of you will do just fine.

Come on back afterward and tell us all about it. We're here for you.

Thanks, ha I hope the snow will be melted by then seeing it'll be June if not then something's really screwed up.

cldlhd;n852405 said:
Thanks, ha I hope the snow will be melted by then seeing it'll be June if not then something's really screwed up.
Meanwhile some years ago in Alberta in May (before global warming scared away the snow)

8280848186_59191b0257_b.jpg

I've already said it, but good luck Chris! I hope you get Travis in CICU Friday afternoon and not the mean lady I had for the nights. ;-)

See you on the other side.

river-wear;n852450 said:
I've already said it, but good luck Chris! I hope you get Travis in CICU Friday afternoon and not the mean lady I had for the nights. ;-)

See you on the other side.
Thanks, I think if i survived the rush hour traffic on the way back from the airport today then the rest of the week should be gravy....

Back