Surgery Date

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbbdirector

I have been at the Cleveland Clinic since this past Tuesday, Nov. 16. I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow. My surgeon is Dr. Pettersson. He recommended that he will replace my aorta root, aortic valve with on-x, maybe the mitral valve, and one bypass.

I have been at the Cleveland Clinic since this past Tuesday, Nov. 16. I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow. My surgeon is Dr. Pettersson. He recommended that he will replace my aorta root, aortic valve with on-x, maybe the mitral valve, and one bypass.

Noted on our calendar thoughts and prayers accompany you looks like you and Andy Cap's dad share Dr Pettersson he has a busy day

Last edited:
Sending all good wishes for a successful surgery and bump free recovery.
Let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it.

Hello, I am bbbdirector's daughter and I wanted to update you on my mom. Yesterday she had her surgery and it involved: aortic valve replacement, mitral valve replacement, ascending aorta repair and 1 bypass (right coronary). She's in critical but she's stable condition. This morning she responded when they brought her out of sedation by squeezing the nurse's hand and moving her toes. Please continue to pray for her and I will update again ONCE she has stabalized and out of ICU.

Thank you so much for being such a great support system for her.

Daughter of bbbdirector

Me and my family are saying our prayers for you, your mom and all your family. Your mom is surrounded by so much love... she is sure to feel it!

Stay strong. and I'll see you all back in the waiting room in a little bit.

Glad your mom is doing well. Remember it might seem like slow going but small steps do add up. She's been through alot. They didn't bring me out of sedatiion enough to squeeze my wifes hand for a week, so she's way ahead of my schedule. :) Before you know it she will be cruizing around the ward ready to "get out".

Best wishes to your Mom and family - she sure is responding well to be brought out of sedation soon after all of the replacement and repair work - pleased you and Andrea are waitng together - my mother found comfort speaking to others' whose family members were in ICU at the same time as my father - each day will be better!

Thank you!

Thank you!

The family appreciates the prayers and thoughts for my mom.

I just want to clarify that my mom isn't out of sedation but they eased her out early this morning to get a response from her and she did. She's under total sedation. My brother and I just came from visiting with her for the 3rd time today and the nurse said she's doing pretty good.

Andrea's family is great and a wonderful support system!

Thank you for the clarification, my father was kept sedated for 3 days and recovery ensued as planned by his surgeon. The clinic is an amazing place where seemingly miracles take place every day - If you and Andrea can take a break together, get to the rooftop pavillion for a sunset - very peaceful.

Latest posts

Back