Stiill here!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marc_kowal

Well, the operation was a success! I'm still in ICU but they should be moving to the recovery floor today or tomorrow. I can hear the valve, but it's no more then a aoft tick of a Timex. I'll post a complete update when I get home this weekend.

Marc
Congratulations! You are doing great to be posting from the ICU! Keep on with the healing.
John

Way to go! I am amazed you are posting so soon! You put a big smile on my face! Keep it up!

I am also amazed that you are doing this well so soon after surgery. Pretty soon we will be able to stop at the "take-out" window and order a valve to go.....LOL. I hope it continues to be easy for you.

Fantastic news Marc! I'm glad that you have reached the other side. I hope your recovery will continue to go well. Take care.

Tom

Pretty soon we will be able to stop at the "take-out" window and order a valve to go.....LOL.

Marc - You know, you and Greg~ are both setting an amazing example of short term recovery today, it's great to hear from you both. Dick's comment got me thinking that we need some sort of Hall of Fame that keeps track of the quickest to self-post after surgery. Maybe since they actually do some catheter valve replacements with the patient conscious, some day someone will do the unthinkable and manage to post during the surgery! Best wishes on continued smooth recovery.

Damn Marc. You sir are a show-off. ;) Awesome job on posting so fast and letting us know you are doing well. Will be looking forward to more updates and details on how things are going.

Marc, that's pretty amazing that you are awake enough to post your own note while still in the ICU. I barely remember the ICU. I'll look forward to hearing of your experience. Glad to hear you are in recovery.

Larry
Same here!

Good news, Marc.
Happy to hear you are safely 'over the mountain'.

Keep us posted how you are doing.

Got discharged last night and was home by 7:30 pm. Had my best nights sleep so far, even though it was in the recliner. No back pain when I woke up though!!:eek: Go to my Dr. for the referal slip for Quest Diagnostics to do my INR test and then my doc will let me know about adjusting the warfarin. Right now I'm at 3mg a day. Just felt so good to see my boys again!

Latest posts

Back