Something I haven't shared with you all

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
temp69 said:
Ross, my prayers are with you. I went out to my daughter's car this am and found puke on the window and inside. either she or her boyfriend were so drunk they had to puke. and then drove. my wife has moved out and is so non-confrontational that she refuses to deal with things like this -- she won't admonish our daughter no matter what the issue -- that's always been "my" job.

at any rate, i will give my daughter a hug and pray that she doesn't drink and drive and i am going to show her these pictures.

keep hanging in there. your strength is a beacon.

temp
Have her look at these too.

chrisx2a.jpg

chrisx1a.jpg

P1170002.jpg

PB060002.jpg

PB060004.jpg

Ross,

By looking at the pictures this was one horrific accident and Chris and Savanna are very lucky to be alive. So sorry Savanna's Mom lost her life. She must miss her a great deal.
I also feel for you and Lyn having to deal with this young man's depressive moods and there isn't much you can do. He's gotta get through this. I can understand Chris feeling a bit sorry for himself. This is an awful lot to have to work through mentally, but in order to move on he has to do something positive that's going to help him. Sitting home and moping around isn't helping him or you and Lyn. Chris is young and he's got a long life ahead of him. This accident is not the end of the world. He should consider taking his story and these pictures to the high schools in the area. So many young people go behind the wheel after they've been drinking all night; cause accidents, and kill themselves and other innocent people along with it.
When he starts doing something positive he will start to feel better and forget about himself.
You also might remind him about our soldiers that come home severely injured from Iraq/Afghanistan. A lot of them come home without limbs. They must go on and cannot feel sorry for themselves. They need to be strong because there's a lot to live for.

Cheers,

Ross,
That is really horrible, it brings back bad memories.
Our youngest daughter was a passenger in the front seat of a car a number of years ago, that was broadsided by someone running a red light. When I saw the car I couldn't beleive she survived, it was totaled.
To this day we are so very thankful she is still with us and living a good life.
I hope that guy gets what he has coming, and your son gets through this. It sounds like time will be the only answer.
Rich

How horrible, i hope Chris is feeling better soon. sending good wishes to you and your family. Paula

Ross said:
He spends his time feeling sorry for himself now. I had to drag these out and remind him that it could well of been him in the passenger seat and him that went to the morgue and not the hospital.

I'm doing all I can to help him, but he's doing nothing to help himself and I'm at my wits end with it all.

Wish I could say or do something that would magically turn that situation around, Ross, but as we both well know ... that isn't possible.

Thoughts/prayers coming to you, Chris, and your entire family.....

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Everything is so messed up" ... Puddle of Mud ... 'Blurry'

Oh, Ross (hugs)

Oh, Ross (hugs)

Unbelievable...............how did that SOB survive? It's things like this that reallly make me question my faith...............

I'm so sorry to hear about Chris's depression, but it doesn't surprise me. I just hope that he finds a way to snap out of it. Maybe going to high schools and talking about drinking and driving just might help him. There has got to be some good from this. YOu guys stay in my prayers (yes, I question my faith, but haven't given up on it.) Love you guys lots. J.

I don't know what to say, Ross. What a horrible accident. I'll keep your son and Savannah in my thoughts and prayers.

I have three kids a daughter 24 and two sons 22 and 19 and have shown each of them these graphic photos of the cars and of Chris's injuries in the hope that they may remember this image each time they drive. It's my worse nightmare that i'll get a knock on the door later one night .....mary

Rachell HA, should we be so lucky that Mr. Riley perished. Nope, here he is today in all his glory with the word SORROW tatooed on his throat.

http://www.drc.state.oh.us/OffenderSearch/Details.aspx?id=A520861

He got 8 years for murder. Now go hold up a store with a gun and see what you get.

Chris will have use of the foot, but that is all. It will never be anywhere near normal for the rest of his life. He'll be walking with a limp and in pain most of his days.

Same thing in Canada.....drunk drivers continue to maim and kill.
Last week in Montreal a drunk mowed down a woman and killed her; he has 5 previous convictions for drunk driving. What the hell is wrong with the system????

Maybe Riley will get his disgusting tattoo modified while in jail.....hopefully by a really sicko inmate with a knife :mad:

It actions like that drunk driver's that really bugs the living crap out me to put it very mildly :mad: :mad: :mad:. It so ironic that no matter what sentence a drunk driver receives, it always the innocent victims who receive the harsher sentences. Drunk drivers are nothing more than urban terrorists. Most of them willingly get and drive that a way. No amount of punishment is enough for them.

Karl

Something I lived through.

Something I lived through.

It was December 22, 1972 and a few days before X-mas. I had been married to my sweetheart husband for almost 5 years. We had a 20 month old daughter and I had just been told a couple days before that we were pregnant again.
We had made plans to visit friends in Arkansas and Louisiana and were leaving on the 23rd. Lots of things to do beforehand but when we got home after work we realized we had forgotten to buy film and he quickly left after dinner to go buy some. Well, he never came home because that night he was killed by a drunk driver.
He was 27 years old.

Christina said:
It was December 22, 1972 and a few days before X-mas. I had been married to my sweetheart husband for almost 5 years. We had a 20 month old daughter and I had just been told a couple days before that we were pregnant again.
We had made plans to visit friends in Arkansas and Louisiana and were leaving on the 23rd. Lots of things to do beforehand but when we got home after work we realized we had forgotten to buy film and he quickly left after dinner to go buy some. Well, he never came home because that night he was killed by a drunk driver.
He was 27 years old.

Christine, I am so sorry I can't imagine, and I'm sorry your kids missed having their dad there. Lyn

Ross,
I recently joined this site the end of 2006 and have been reading posts about your son but didn't ask for details because I didn't want to make you 'start from scratch' explaining the details of what had happend. Thank you for posting these pictures and reminding everyone of how precious life is and how important it is to not drink and drive. What a horrible time your son & family and Savannah's family have been through!

Ross:

Some things take a very long time to resolve & find healing. Depression is not unexpected in Chris' case. Has he seen someone for help? Sometimes those who need it the most have too little energy to seek help.

Christine:

Even 35 years later, it must still be hard.

catwoman said:
Ross:

Some things take a very long time to resolve & find healing. Depression is not unexpected in Chris' case. Has he seen someone for help? Sometimes those who need it the most have too little energy to seek help.

Christine:

Even 35 years later, it must still be hard.
Again no, no one is getting paid, no insurance, no one will touch him. It's very frustrating for all of us.

Ross said:
Again no, no one is getting paid, no insurance, no one will touch him. It's very frustrating for all of us.

Do you think he'd talk to a Pastor?

A friend of mine is a church district exec in Northern Indiana ... but is from Northern Ohio (an avid Cleveland Indians fan, mind you). If you like, I could talk to him and see if he'd know any Pastors in your area that might be willing to spend time and talk with him.....and you, too, if you'd like.....

"Money can't buy happiness" ... Don Williams ... 'One Good Well'

Cort I brought him up that way, but that is not the way he is following. I so wish he'd turn back to what he once was and beleived in.

Ross,

I guess I should've been a bit clearer ... didn't mean for him to talk to a Pastor to turning back to believing, exactly. I was thinking more along the lines of a professional relationship.....kinda sorta.

Arg...tough to describe what I mean ... sorry.

Anyway ... let me know if you'd like to me to do some asking around....

"Happiness ain't never how you think it should be so" ... Duncan Sheik ... 'She Runs Away'

Latest posts

Back