Slip Sliden Down the Other Side....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dexter Bob

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Finally home from surgery on 01/07 here in Springfield Oregon. Not quite the ride I was hoping for! The cutting and valve replacement (21mm On-X) went great I was under just at four hours. BUT the rest of the time was dealing with A-Fib that only got under control on day 6.:(

I'll post again when the drug haze clears a little more! Glad to be back!!

There you are!!!! I've been watching for you. HOORAY!!!! You're home!! Fantastic!!

Sounds like your heart wasn't too happy with all the fiddling around the surgeon did! It happens. Glad that it is now under control. I don't really know if anyone gets through this without a little A-Fib..... I know my heart freaked out for awhile in CICU.

Rest and heal.

Take care. CONGRATULATIONS!! Job well done!!!!

Marguerite

Bob,
Welcome back! Get up when you can and keep walking! Were you at Sacred Heart or McKenzie-Willamette?

YEP, Post-Op A-Fib is fairly common and NOT FUN to deal with.

When you are up to it, I'm sure several of our members would be interested in knowing how your Doc(s) got your A-Fib under control. I know I would...

'AL C'

well, I managed to escape the a-fib, but I did have fluid in or around my lungs, and they kept me sedated ( = knocked out cold) and vented for 2 full days. I have a theory that we all hit some kind of speed bump . .

It must feel good to have it under control again and be back home. Take it easy, as others have said, walk, eat, nap . . . your job now is to do your best to turn into a cat ...

Just being at home for 24hrs has been HUGE in terms of feeling better! I walked, I ate, I POOPED!! So it seems my recovery is proceding well. Still have to go for a PROTIME stick on Monday to get my Coumadin level set. Still a little hard to sleep from the chest incision pain, but I am enjoying my recliner naps! Not sleepy typing this at Midnight either. My two German Shepards weren't too sure who the shuffling drunk guy was who came home yesterday.:cool: I think they thought I was stalking them around the house!

James: I was at the Heart and Vascular Institute next to Sacred Heart Riverbend, Springfield.

Al C: From what I remember they started IV drugs of MOTOPROLOL TARTATE and then AMIODARONE. On day 5 the Motoprolol (100mg tab) went oral and day 7 the Amiodarone (200mg tab) went oral. I take those two twice a day.

Bob

You sound great. Enjoy the rest. I'll be headed that way to see the folks in a couple months when I feel like traveling. I 'll meet you at the Dexter Lake club for a congratulatory breakfast.

Bob, welcome to the other side. I promise things will get better rather quickly. Just remember to breathe, rest, walk and eat. Those are very important!

Back