Ross is back in the hospital and needs to be put on your prayer list.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca

This was just posted on the other web forum.

From Ross's son:

This is Chris young, Ross’s youngest son.... On Friday night nov 22 2013.. ross went to the hospital, he is in the ICU room 3702 at Aultman Hospital in canton ohio.. He is in guarded critical condition.. He is having a serious upper GI bleed.. at this time he is under sedation and on a ventilator and constantly receiving blood transfusions.. There is a blood clot “the size of a meatloaf” in his stomach, the Dr. says.. please keep him and us in your prayers.. either I or one of my brothers will try to keep everyone informed.

Please keep Ross and his family on your prayer list.

I'm so very sorry to read this.
I send Ross and his family prayers for a good recovery. He has been through so much.
Thank you for letting us know.

Chris, what a wonderful son you are to keep us all posted. My prayers go to your dad and his family for a speedy recovery and to give you all the strength to climb this mountain. Nita

ROSS - Don't go doing anything silly! Chris - Thanks for the update. We're all here pulling and praying for your dad. He means too much to too many of us to let it slide.

From the other web forum & Ross's sons:

Ross has a 99.1 temperature (down from 100.8)
BP still higher than normal (was 143/63 this morning, but fairly stable)
Ventilator is at 100%
Pulse Ox at 90%
Doctor worried that he may be getting pneumonia now, taking samples of fluid in lungs
Putting him on antibiotics
Angled him up and no improvement on Oxygen saturation

A half hour later, and currently:

He is now "A-Fib" and they are giving him Cardizem
Ox sat at 85-88
So far Cardizem not helping, heart rate staying really high
increased Cardizem drip dose, for last 5-10 minutes heart rate was 168-180
Addding Amiodarone to Cardizem cause they don't want to push Cardizem any higher

Update: The oldest son, Jeremiah, is at the hospital and sent this text, as of 3:30pm:

nothing new yet, heart rate is steady around 106 +/-. Much better than what we saw earlier.

Latest posts

Back