Robb Wiler have you sought medical attention

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greg, I literally was just thinking the same thing as I was logging on to VR. It doesn't seem that he has been on since he posted late yesterday, so hopefully he went and sought help. It sounded to me as if he was headed down a slippery slope. I hope he comes back soon with good news.

Kim

I saw two doctors today at the cardiologists office. First I met briefly with the cardiologist and he basically put me back on twice a day lasix for now. He ran ekg and listened to me and said everything sounded and looked good with the heart. He didnt seem to concerned with the fluid retention but wanted me to watch the weight. Of course today I was back in the 270's and wasnt retaining as bad.

The second doctor I saw was cardiophsyilogist? The heart electrician. He reviewed my holter monitor, took another ekg, listened to me again and basically said everything was looking good. (I had 3 brief A-Fib episodes in the three weeks after surgery. I had one the next night after surgery that was servere and lasted until a cardioversion.) I am off the Amiodarone as of now. I had basically halved myself anyways and didnt realize it. The pharmacy was out of 400's so I got 200's. I didnt pay attention and halved the dosage.

I go back to the Cardiologist next wednesday and he will be looking for my vitals from rehab on Friday and MOnday prior to my visit. (they fax them over at the end of the day).

I have seemed to pick up a "high blood pressure" problem along the way. My blood pressure has always been on the low side of normal but now its considered high with the medicines I have been taking. (Lowpressor, Cardizem, Amomiadrone)

My INR was 2.3 so that was good news.

Lets sum it all up. Weight, increase Lasix to twice a day. Amiomadrone, gone completely, wish me luck that I get no A-fib. Blood Pressure, I have no idea at this point but will have a better conversation with him next week. HE had also mentioned another pill other than Lasix that will take care of water and blood pressure.

Glad to hear it wasn't anything serious. Good luck let us know how it goes, I'm due to get of the sotalol in about a month, so I'm always wondering how people do after gettingoff their a-fib meds.

The second Doctor you saw was probably an ElectroPhysiologist which is a Cardiologist who specializes in the Electrical Systems of the Heart.

Patients who have problems with Fluid Retention are often advised to weigh themselves and record the numbers first thing in the morning, after going to the bathroom but before eating, preferably in their Birthday Suit (or undies).

A day-to-day change of 3 lbs or a weekly change of 5 lbs is usually considered to be caused by a change in Fluid Retention.

'AL Capshaw'

Glad to hear it wasn't anything serious. Good luck let us know how it goes, I'm due to get of the sotalol in about a month, so I'm always wondering how people do after gettingoff their a-fib meds.

I am only off the Amiomadrone. I still take the Cardizem and Lowpressor for Afib as of this moment but the way my doctor talked I should be off of those next week.

I am only off the Amiomadrone. I still take the Cardizem and Lowpressor for Afib as of this moment but the way my doctor talked I should be off of those next week.

If your A-Fib comes back after stopping Amiodarone, you may want to ask your Doctor(s) about going on SOTALOL which supposedly 'targets' (and PREVENTS A-Fib) as opposed to merely controlling the maximum Heart Rate with other meds.

'AL Capshaw'

24 hours and all is well so far.

.........kewl...........
cool.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back