Prayers and Best Wishes needed for Mary and her Family

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh gosh Mary...Big hugs going out to everyone in your family especially little Charlie. Love his name...every guy I know named 'Charlie' is a fighter - bet your Charlie is too..!!

Take care and get rest for yourself.

Mary, I lived for 45 years with an ASD, which is very close to a PFO. In my case, with my structural heart issues, they said it basically acted as a pop off valve to relieve excess pressure on the right side of my heart by allowing blood to flow from the right to the left. They did not want to close it until I had my other issues fixed because it could have caused me much more trouble.
I hope that he starts progressing well and they can figure out everything that is going on with him. Please keep us posted when you can.

Kim

Thanks everyone for the support and stories you've shared. We are slowly adjusting and feeling much more confident that in time Charlie will overcome any and all obstacles.:)
The PFO has closed, so now he's left with only the BAV in regards to heart issues. His lungs are clearing, with his respiration rate slowing, and we are thankful for that. However he's not eating well, and he won't leave NICU until he gets the hang of it.
After he leaves NICU and reaches 7 pounds, he will start the regime necessary to fix his feet. One foot is severely twisted while the other is considered moderately impaired. He will have a cast put on both feet, every week, for 8 weeks, then wear a brace 23 hours a day for four months. Then he will wear it at night for three to four years. We understand that the treatment is very successful if there is good compliance. There's no doubt in my mind but there will be 100% compliance!

Like I said, he's a tough little dude. Heck of a start for the little fella, but it really could be much worse. ;)

Poor little fella! He's a fighter!

My daughter had to have "casting booties" when she was a baby. Old ladies would look at me and wonder what I'd done to my child.

Mary, I just caught this...and glad that Charlie is improving.
I will be sending him my prayers that all continues to go well.
Dina:)

Thank-you for update Mary,and be sure you all are getting

some much needed rest for yourselves....continued prayers for all.

zipper2 (DEB)

Wonderful news- I'm so happy for all of you and proud of Charlie- he's definitely a chip off his grandma's block!

Hi Mary! Just catching this post now.Sorry I was slow to respond and we are already on page 4! Praying all is well today. Stress Stress Stress! Try to stay positive and as calm as possible and Charlie will pick up on your calmness and strength. Give your whole family a congratulations on the new arrival with lots of love to flow throughout!!

Hi Mary. I'm late coming into this thread, too. Sorry. Please know that I am sending my best hopes and wishes to tiny, brave, little Charlie. Looking forward to continued improvement and positive posts from you.

What a fighter this little boy is. Good luck!

Marguerite

Mary, I came here to check for update and was happy to see some later info. What a tough beginning from early pregnancy right into this world but with the good medical help and so many prayers being said for him and him mom and dad and you and Bob , he can't help but overcome every obstacle. We love you all.

Wow! I really have been out of the loope!

Wow! I really have been out of the loope!

I am so sorry to read of the struggle little Charlie has been having, but very grateful to read that both the PDA and PFO have closed. (With some severe cyanotic defects, it is good for the PDA to stay open, but not needed with little Charlie!) I'm sorry to read about the club feet, but it sounds like the prognosis is good. Eating?? Well, geez, we fought that battle for two years, but outgrew it, needless to say, so tell them to keep after it. I'll go send an e-mail of support and will be checking on you guys. Much love. J.

So glad to hear a little bit of good news. My friends son had a severe club foot when he was a baby, he is 20 now and as done really well with it.
Sending continued best wishes to Charlie and all the family. Hoping to hear more good news soon.

Mary,

Thoughts/prayers continue....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 drive = Sept '09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Decorations of red on a green Christmas tree" ... Elvis Presley ... 'Blue Christmas'

Thanks everyone for the support and stories you've shared. We are slowly adjusting and feeling much more confident that in time Charlie will overcome any and all obstacles.:)
The PFO has closed, so now he's left with only the BAV in regards to heart issues. His lungs are clearing, with his respiration rate slowing, and we are thankful for that. However he's not eating well, and he won't leave NICU until he gets the hang of it.
After he leaves NICU and reaches 7 pounds, he will start the regime necessary to fix his feet. One foot is severely twisted while the other is considered moderately impaired. He will have a cast put on both feet, every week, for 8 weeks, then wear a brace 23 hours a day for four months. Then he will wear it at night for three to four years. We understand that the treatment is very successful if there is good compliance. There's no doubt in my mind but there will be 100% compliance!

Mary, good to know that your precious grandchild is improving. That is very encouraging to you. He will get there, with God's help.

my son, Chuck, had one foot that was clubbed. He wore a cast for six or seven months and then wore special shoes. His foot straightened out finally and he's well now - you met him, so you know he's ok. Charlie will be, too.

Latest posts

Back