Palps after dinner

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is along the same lines but yet different but I have been concerned and wondered if anyone else has ever experienced the same thing. I have mitral valve leakage, my ejection fraction is 20 to 25%. Luckily I don't have the bad symptoms that go along with it such as the swelling of the feet and hands, etc. The doctor is testing regularly and watching to make sure nothing changes for the worse, I have been with the same ejection fraction for the last 2 years.

Don't be fooled that you are ok because your ankles and wrist d o not swell. I had severe symptoms for three years, and my cardio looked at my skinny ankles and sent me on to the pulmonologist. The whole time it was my mitral valve. Different valves provide different symptoms. Here were mine:

shortness of breath after meals
IBS
tired much of the time
Often chest colds
often had fluid in lungs

If you put this off to long you may dilate your right atrium, and could cause problems with your lungs should your pulmonary pressure get to high. A dilated right atrium may also lead to afib before and after your surgery.

The PVCs are getting worse. They never were more frequent than every third beat but tonight I got a funny feeling in my head and checked my pulse, now every other beat. Are they going to get worse. I'm really afraid of eventually having vtach.

When I started having more PVCs after I started taking Prozac, I looked up the side effects of Prozac and surprisingly one of them is: irregular heart beat.

I stopped it and my PVCs are much less than before.

More strangely, one of the side effects of Toprol and/or Sotalol is also "Fast, slow, irregular, pounding, or racing heartbeat or pulse" as stated in Mayo Clinic's website:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/drug-information/DR602503/DSECTION=side-effects

This is confusing to me as this is why we take this medication and how could it cause the symptom we are trying to cure!! Maybe I do not understand this well. I am seeking a cardio on the 6th of October with lots of questions.

I am trying to wean myself off the Toprol too as another side effect of it is: confusion, depression, swelling, heart arrythmias. Though these are in the less severe, but I am among the very sensitive to medications :http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-954...drugname=Toprol+XL+Oral&source=0&pagenumber=6

Have you listened to your PVCs after taking a certain medication to see if they get worse or less.

Give your cardio a call and tell him. Every third beat is a lot!! Good luck and keep us posted.

Michelle - I'm not a nutritionist, but here's a theory. The healthiest way to eat is to balance out your food intake throughout the day....irrespective of arrhythmia issues. Whole grains and some fruit for breakfast. Veggies and fruits throughout the day and a balanced dinner. Not sure what you usually have for dinner, but I'm not seeing much of nutritional value in what you described throughout the day. You could be missing all kinds of important nutirents and electrolytes for most of your day, which could most certainly explain the palpitations at night. Do some searches on Mediteranean diets and balanced food intake that isn't biased toward some fad weight loss program or magical belly fat burning gimmick and you can get some good advice without too much work. If anything, your breakfast should be a bigger meal. Also, you may want to look at your exercise program. Are you scheduling some time for it? If you're not physically limited you should be moving as much as possible. good luck!

Okay in my research the it can be for many reasons, I'm going to do an experiment on myself to figure this out. I won't go out to eat for dinner because of this so I need to know. It is always after dinner, only dinner. I eat the same stuff every day, not much variety. Two nutragrain waffles with olivo and no syrup for breakfast, plain chicken sandwich for lunch, luigi's Italian ice for a snack and then for dinner I'm like a beast and pig out usually on carbs. I will try to eat a large lunch tomorrow and I'll let you know if I get the palps after lunch. I think it is quantity. At first I thought it was sugar related but eating Italian ice doesn't do it. I am probably still anemic and that could also be a reason from what I've read that could cause it but it seems to happen too fast. I'd think it would me more time than the five to ten minutes to get the foods nutrients into my blood stream.

Latest posts

Back