Ottawagal is back in the hospital

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale

I'm sorry to report that I just got off the phone with Ottawagal who is back in the hospital in isolation. She has had a lot of complications (like her incision wouldn't stop bleeding, fluid on the lungs, nausea) but she got home finally for one day. Now she is back in the hospital with Post-Pericardiotomy Syndrome which is some kind of inflammation of the tissues surrounding the heart. She had a high fever yesterday, but it is down now. She still has fluid on the lungs and is having trouble breathing. Her doctor says it is more common in younger patients for some reason.

Yesterday she felt a lot worse and she is hoping now that this is finally it and she can get on with the healing process. She is in fairly good spirits and still has her sense of humour. She says the problem is that she asked for prayers about the surgery but didn't ask for prayers about the healing!

She expects to be in the hospital for a few more days. Her sisters and mom and husband are giving her lots of support. I am so sorry she is having such a miserable time!

I will keep you posted,
Dale

Oh boy, what a lot to deal with.....but Wanda is strong and will pull through this quickly and get back on that recovery road.
Please mention to her that the VR Postop Club is waiting patiently.
Thanks for the update.

Sorry to hear about that.... I know she will be back home before you know it. Many prayers coming your way for a smooth recovery from this point on. Good luck Wanda.

I'm sorry to read this and hope things improve for her soon. Very best wishes :) .

Oh I wish it was me instead of her going through this.

Please pass on my well wishes to Wanda that this may be the last of her speed bumps.
Get Well Soon.

And I was complaining about a distended tummy. I should be ashamed.

I hope Ottawagal is on the mend now and will be home very soon.

Oh no, please tell her we are all praying for her healing! I had the fluid problem and fever also. Once they get rid of the fluids, she will feel so much better. Tell her to keep smiling.

Oh goodness this is sad,especially home then back
in hospital,lots of prayers and good vibes going your
way Wanda.
Thanks for the update i read few days ago she posted she was home
thought id wait to post when she came back abit stronger,sorry to read
shes back in and sending all my best....GodBless

haven't been on in a while, but saw this one first. Poor gal, it seems we all have some kind of speed bump to get over before we can really get going on the recovery road. I was kept sedated for 2 days immediately post-op in ICU because of fluid in lungs. Once they finally let me wake up, they coulcn't stop me. Hope it's much the same for Ottawagal, and that it clears up soon.

Back