One year

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvrkumar

Completed one year this week. Things are going well. Thank you god.

Life is back to normal within weeks after surgery.

There is drop in ef at 6 months check, but cardio is very happy with the improvement in ef in one year check. Cardio thinks metoprolol helped, hence reluctant to take me off of it. He did reduce it to 50mg dosage. Metoprolol is my only gripe post-op. I didn't like its side effects.

Inr management was surprisingly smooth. Couple of times went out of range, but quickly managed to get back.

Mech valve is little louder than anticipated, but not really bothersome.

Did cardiac rehab to make sure no isuues to start off exercising. Dropped off in 6 weeks. Continuing my normal exercise routine ever since. 5 mile run on treamill in winter and 15 miles biking in summer. I can manage only one activity balancing buy work, time with kids :). By the way, having great time with my one year old. Feel blessed to do all that.

Asymptomatic pre-op, feel the same post-op except for metoprolol side effects. Bike climbs were easy before surgery, but little harder now. Hoping it gets better as time progresses.

Good for you! I'm so happy to hear success stories from folks! Your exercise routines are pretty much back to normal! That is great! But, even greater, you are there to experience and support your family! Awesome! As an empty nester, life doesn't get any better than those busy days when the kids are little.

Wishing you many happy and healthy returns :)

Toprol/metropolol side effects bothered me for a very long time before I got over its side effects. I, most of the days, take mine in the evening.

I went looking trout this forums to see if I could find anyone who is still winded after exercise. I am also a year out, and back to my exercise routine which consists of tennis and gym time. Find that I get winded and was wondering if you have that same issue? I thought after a year I wouldn't have that.

Latest posts

Back