On the other side, and everything is beautiful!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misaacka

VR family, had my surgery last Wednesday to replace my calcified BAV with a nice, new Edwards bovine valve, and it went terrifically well. Will share details as I get a bit stronger, but for now just wanted to say that I'm home (staying locally with a dear friend), and life is so beautiful, and the simplest foods taste amazing, even if I don't want to eat hardly anything, and the peace and quiet are blissful, and this amazing valve so strong and resilient in my chest is going to draw me forward, slowly and securely, one day at time.

Can't wait to hear from the other two who had surgery the same day. Has anyone yet?

So lovely to be back, and so NEW!

Glad you're doing well. Sounds like you're doing great. I remember being wheeled out of the hospital to our car and thinking that I had never seen a more beautiful sky, tree leaves as green, etc., as I did right at that moment. Life was wonderful because I had life again, and I am sure you understand that.

A friend (age 80) also had AV surgery on the 17th but she had some issues -- probably ICU-induced. She "woke up" to her old self yesterday, as her family described it, and will move to a step-down unit today.

My God your tone of text reads amazingly! Keep up the good work. Take it slow there is no rush your doing splendidly.

Wonderful news. So happy to hear things have gone and are going well for you. Slow and easy. Sleep, eat, breathe, walk and repeat, again and again and again. Don't forget the walking. It's such a huge help with recovering.

Keep us posted. :)

Hi Misaacka (Jane)

Happy to hear that you are recovering well. Keep us posted.

-Kumar

Hi, everyone-- thanks so much for the outpouring of support and well wishes. Things continue to go very well. Of course, I overdid things yesterday and quickly learned to leave carrying dishes and full glasses of ice water to others! Being better about that today, so am getting to back off on the narcotics a bit. This morning, I felt so good, I was practically trotting (relative to yesterday, of course!) around the house for a few minutes there, but a little of that wore me out, and I've spent the past couple of hours chilling with the TV. It's been amazing to see how each day carries me more and more solidly back into my body, feeling a little looser and stronger and more flexible every day.

My main challenge is getting my colon back in shape. Had the obligatory movement before leaving the hospital, but nothing since then, despite plenty of fiber and liquids, and (today) some Dulcolax. Am considering lighting candles by the porcelain altar . . .

Latest posts

Back