On my way to meet with my surgeon

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I waited two months and I should have done it sooner! Good luck, don't make decision sleep on it a couple of days. He told me to call him when I wanted to do it! But do it on a Monday, at least you have the staff to take care of you that is the regular ones! That is just my opinion! Good Luck and God Bless!

They scheduled my for next Thursday. March 5th.
I have to call back tomorrow and confirm or change it though. Still have stuff to work out with my job and whatnot.

My cardiologist is worried about my irregular heart rhythym and wants me in ASAP apparently. I knew something was up, becasue he's been calling me a lot, ordering a lot of tests and gave me his direct number. And he called the surgeon while I was meeting with him.

Surgeon was nice though.

I'm pretty nervous right now.

Good for you!...........Get it done.
As soon as my surgeon heard that my valve was at .8cm there was a big rush to get me in.
Being nervous may make your HB kind of wonky, will they let you take a bit of Ativan to sleep? Best wishes.

My cardiologist just called me a bit ago. Is it odd for your cardio to call you at home at 9:00 on a Monday night? :)

Anyways, he, the surgeon, the EP and their colleagues are going to confer tomorrow on how best to proceed.

I have a jacked up heart rythym, and they can't decide if they want to deal with that first, or the valve first. I have a feeling I'm going to end up with a pace maker in the deal either way. :(

Be clear that your heart rate/beat can't be resolved with valve surgery. Many aren't but several are, so patience is its own reward. I hope a pacer isn't needed but heck, if it is, having the device implanted is way better than the alternative.

Be clear that your heart rate/beat can't be resolved with valve surgery. Many aren't but several are, so patience is its own reward.

Yeah that's the plan right now. Doing the valve first. If in 3 or 4 days the rythym isn't normal, then they'll do a pace maker.
Still on for March 5th. Waiting to hear from endocrinology about a biopsy on a nodule they found on my thyroid during the CT scan. So depending on when they schedule that will dictate the surgery date I guess.

Oh, and I have jury duty on Monday. :p

Last edited:
Yeah that's the plan right now. Doing the valve first. If in 3 or 4 days the rythym is normal, then they'll do a pace maker.
Still on for March 5th. Waiting to hear from endocrinology about a biopsy on a nodule they found on my thyroid during the CT scan. So depending on when they schedule that will dictate the surgery date I guess.

Oh, and I have jury duty on Monday. :p

How are your thyroid levels? Is it possible that is a cause of your heart rythm issues?

Wade .... sounds to me that you are in good hands .... telling you to relax is like someone telling me to grow up and be serious:rolleyes: .... you will be in my prayers ... Godspeed:)

Wade,
Is your valve replacement on March 5?
I wasn't sure when I read about the nodule on the thyroid.
Have they checked to make sure that the thyroid isn't causing the heartrate problem (as Lyn asked)?:confused:
I would want to rule out the possibility before proceeding with surgery.

Wade,
Is your valve replacement on March 5?
I wasn't sure when I read about the nodule on the thyroid.
Have they checked to make sure that the thyroid isn't causing the heartrate problem (as Lyn asked)?:confused:
I would want to rule out the possibility before proceeding with surgery.

Yes valve replacement on March 5th. Possible pace maker a few days later.

The thyroid is going to be biopsied this Friday I just found out. Unlikely that it's related to the heart rythym. From what I've been reading they are very common and 50% of people have one by the time they're 50 (although I'm 35 :) ). They are cancerous less than 1% of the time when stumbled upon in a CT scan.

Thanks for the reply, Wade.
I put you on the calendar. It's going to be a busy surgery week; three are scheduled so far.:)

Good luck and best wishes for you Wade.
I think you better get a doctors letter so you can "try" to get out of jury duty - Good luck on that too.
Thoughtful prayers coming your way for the 5th. I mean March 5th, not the 5th amendment;)

Latest posts

Back