Off Amiodarone

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pat45750

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I stopped the Amiodarone two days ago. Last time I did that - it took 2 days for the old a-fib to start. I have my fingers crossed it won't happen again. It does feel better to be off the heavy meds. I am 7 weeks post op and things get better each week. My chest is still sore when I start to do new activities and the old muscles are used. I start PT on Oct 7. That will be interesting.

Pat

I'll keep good thoughts going that you do just fine w/out the amiodarone. Good luck w/PT, I hope you get alot out of it.

Pat,

A-fib is a bitch. I'm on Multaq and pray it stays gone when I go off it in another month. You're off your a-fib meds faster than me and I'll pray for you too.

Doug

I hope no news is good news. I'll be off the Sotalol soon hopefully. I worry but can't wait to stop taking these.

Thanks everyone. I am taking it easy not trying to stress myself or heart too much. Last time I was in a-fib by the 3rd day. Now I have managed past that. I guess we all just hope for the best and deal with what happens.

Have a nice weekend. Pat

I have constand afib three weeks after surgery. I stopped Amio three weeks ago and have had no afib at all. I have pushed the limits with exercise and dark chocolate.

This stuff does go away after surgery, I hope you don't find your again.

I have to wait until chocolate taste good again. I can't believe how many things I use to like just don't taste right yet. Hopefully, that will change soon. Can't imagine not eating chocolate again. This OHS is good for losing weight, so I guess there is something good about not tasting things correctly! Pat

I have to wait until chocolate taste good again. I can't believe how many things I use to like just don't taste right yet. Hopefully, that will change soon. Can't imagine not eating chocolate again. This OHS is good for losing weight, so I guess there is something good about not tasting things correctly! Pat
Pat, I too distinctly recall having an aversion to chocolate after surgery (and I am a hardcore chocoholic! ).
Don't worry those chocolate loving taste buds will come back in due time. Mine did :).

I wish I didn't like chocolate,,,,,,,,,, and cinnabon, and pizza, and steak,,,,,,,,,, and my lord that great Popeys Fried Chicken.

I will shut up now and go eat my sawdust morning cerial

BTW, the longer I am off the amio, I seem to be having a second stage to my recovery. I am starting my third week, and I feel so much stronger in my core. Maybe it's in my head, but I feel better.

Last edited:
Hook - I feel much better without the Amio. I am now parking much further away when I am out and not having problems walking or being dizzy. Still not walking fast, but I feel much better with a clear head. I think the meds really slow you down and make your brain foggy, but when you need them, you take them. I start PT this week, so I will learn how fast I can run! LOL I am very grateful for the recovery I am having. I forgot when I came up the basement stairs and did not stop a few times like normal. I was surprised, no huffing and puffing. I guess when you forget to go slow, you must be feeling better.

Oh man what I'd do for Popeye's chicken strips! Too much sodium though.

That's great that you are feeling better you two. Pat I'm glad you have more energy. I'm at 10 weeks now and for me 8 weeks seemed to be the big turning point. I'm just hoping that getting off the Sotalol goes smoothly when my cardio decides I can get off it.

Latest posts

Back