Numbness

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbbdirector

I woke up in the middle of last night because my right leg, from just beneath my knee to my toes felt very numb and swollen. It was not Swollen, but it Felt Very Swollen! I just kept rubbing it and finally the numbness went away and I was able to put weight on it. I know I was not dreaming because the thought came to me to take an aspirin and I did. Has this ever happened to anyone here - especially before valve replacement surgery?

Thank you.

Yes, I interviewed with a surgical team while in the Hospital WHC a week ago in DC. and I am on their "percutaneous stent valve" Clinical Trial wait list. I have an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic on November 16-18th.

I'm glad to hear from you. Do you have any back problems? I have lower back problems and sometime have the lower leg/foot numbness when I wake up in the middle of the night.
I was wonderring if you would be a candidate for the percutaneous trials. Were you in the hospital for your heart last week? I hope you are feeling better. Let us know how the appt at CCF goes.

Out of curiosity, I'm wondering who you will be seeing at CC.
Dr. Lytle is their "Radiation Guru". Dr. Pettersson is another Top Surgeon of interest.

No, I do not have any back problems. It is my hope that I am a candidate for the Percutaneous trials at the Cleveland Clinic.

Before my OHS there were occasional nights where I would wake up with numbness or tingling in my leg.
changing position would alleviate the sensation, so my guess is that it was due to some temporary
circulation restriction.

Latest posts

Back