New people, come out and introduce yourselves

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

We have 110 people that have joined and not made a single post as of January 1, 2010. I'm talking active, but no posts. Where are you? Who are you? Lets get to know you. :D

Ross, is it possible they did post, but all their posts were lost during the changeover? (has it been really slow since then or is it just me?)Either way Hellllo everyone.

Maybe they are shy...?

Lyn- I think you are right,it is a little slow.

Hi, I am new as of yesterday. I did post something and have gotten such great responses. I am so happy to have found this board. I am reading alot of older posts and educating myself. My son is 24 and will be having aortic surgery and likely mitral valve repair this summer. He was diagnosed with Marfan Syndrome when he was 5. I know this board will be instrumental in educating me with regard to what surgery will be like.

Sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier.

I'm a 46 years old male from Boston, MA. I am married with two girls 15 year-old and a 7 year-old.
I was never aware I had heart issues until a routine physical last year May 18,09. My primary care
physician heard a murmur so he sent me downstairs to see a cardiologist. They done a echo and results
stated Aortic Aneurysm 6.7cm/BAV.

After talking with the cardiologist she recommend surgery ASAP and recommended a surgeon @
Brigham Women Hospital in Boston. The next day I was talking to Dr.Shekar @BWH. After a 2
hour meeting we decided surgery on June 1,09. and CT Scan/Stress test on May 29.

On May 29, I had a CT scan done with the result Aortic Dissection Type A. The nurse told me I
needed to be hospitalized after a long talk with her she let me go home.

I am 10 months post-op feeling good. I'm very grateful I am alive today and i am so happy to found
this wonderful site.

Last edited:
Hi, I am new as of yesterday. I did post something and have gotten such great responses. I am so happy to have found this board. I am reading alot of older posts and educating myself. My son is 24 and will be having aortic surgery and likely mitral valve repair this summer. He was diagnosed with Marfan Syndrome when he was 5. I know this board will be instrumental in educating me with regard to what surgery will be like.

Hi BarbJean, nice to meet you. At least I got 1 of you out of the 110 to post something! :D

No, these people have registered and made 0 posts, but have plenty of activity. They are here, just not posting anything. Me not understand traffic situation.

I think it possible some newly diagnosed people who have found this site are dealing with the shock and disbelief this is happening to them. They are tying to learn what they can, become more comfortable as they get more knowledge and will 'speak up' at a time when they start to accept their condition. OHS is such a traumatic event and when we hear we are headed to a surgeon is, to say the least, unsettling.

I feel the most important thing for any community is to make newcomers feel welcome and wanted and create an environment where they are comfortable joining in.

Hi BarbJean, nice to meet you. At least I got 1 of you out of the 110 to post something! :D

No, these people have registered and made 0 posts, but have plenty of activity. They are here, just not posting anything. Me not understand traffic situation.

I was wonderring, Since they joined since jan, how many weeks worth of posts were lost with the change over? Is there a way for you to see if a person did post during that time frame?

it is slow..the other thing is maybe you are scarey :) and they are afraid

I couldn't even begin to guess how many posts were lost during migration. From January 27th to February 25? I'd venture to say probably 1000 or so.

Hi everyone,

I know that I'm not a newbie but I have been missing in action since last year.
The second half of last year was very stressful culminating with the seperation of my husband (of 29 years) and myself three weeks ago.
I spent a long time smoking too much, drinking too much and not eating enough but now I'm starting to get my life back on track and getting back into the things I enjoyed.

Mary

Welcome to the new/newer members. Welcome back to the old - oops - seasoned member. I really like it when the newer members start posting - especially about their surgeries & recoveries. Mine was almost 5 years ago and, to be honest, I don't really remember the sequence of most events or the time frame when things happened. Only a few memorable things really stand out at this point. And getting ready for surgery - I only had 2 weeks so that hardly counts either.

So, jump on in...we're anxious to get to know you...

Welcome to BarbJean!

And sorry to Mary,29 years is a very long time, I hope you are doing better.

When you first learn you need ohs it stops you in your tracks. Life changes forever. This forum helped me through it and I am very grateful.
For those of you that are new-just start with a hello.It will be alot easier after that.No matter what your going through someone here has
been through it. We all "get it" better than anyone. Welcome!

Only those of us who have been through it (some of us two and more times) can fully understand what a person waiting for OHS is experiencing. While friends and family are hugely important in helping through it all, the practical info comes from those who have 'been there'.

Welcome to all . Most of us have the biggest hope we can help in at least a small way.

Latest posts

Back