New people, come out and introduce yourselves

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't even begin to guess how many posts were lost during migration. From January 27th to February 25? I'd venture to say probably 1000 or so.

I'm still wonderring what happened to all the active long time members who seemed to disapear with the change over

Hi everyone,

I know that I'm not a newbie but I have been missing in action since last year.
The second half of last year was very stressful culminating with the seperation of my husband (of 29 years) and myself three weeks ago.
I spent a long time smoking too much, drinking too much and not eating enough but now I'm starting to get my life back on track and getting back into the things I enjoyed.

Mary

Mary, wishing you the strength to put this behind you and move forward. We are here for you !

I am new, already did and intro post guess i'll intro again and update a bit.
I am Michele 34 (soon to be 35) Have MVR. Scheduled surgery May 10th in Pittsburgh PA.
I am extremely nervous about it, However lurking here and reading all your stories helps me come to realize that this is not the end of the world.
And the joke section is completely addicting.
I dont post much because i am really shy ! Which sounds weird but somehow even though this is cyber world, the shyness carries over.

Michele

I'm still wonderring what happened to all the active long time members who seemed to disapear with the change over
Well, the news is full of so many shocking things, including many cautions as to what a person posts online, etcetera, and with the site format change, which is still taking some getting used to, maybe these things are also contributing to less posts?

By the way, Aussie Girl, I'm very sorry to read what you've been going through but I'm glad you are successfully pulling through it all. You have my best wishes.

Hi Newbies out there!!!!!

I myself lurked out there for a couple of months, before finally posting. Part of the reason being, I was in a state of SHOCK, with my diagnosis! (maybe a bit shy) Welcome to the forum. It's a good group of people. You will find the personal experiences of our members invaluable. It can be in a sense, rather comforting (is that the right word?) to know others have gone through very similar experiences. You reallize, YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

Hello to all. I am new here,just joined a couple of days ago. My name is Daren,48 year old male living in the Northern California foothills above Sacramento. Got some bad news a few days ago and am trying to get above water to catch a breath. Will post more when I get a little more info. I would like to say that I think you people and this forum is GREAT!! Thanks, Daren

Sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier.

I'm a 46 years old male from Boston, MA. I am married with two girls 15 year-old and a 7 year-old.
I was never aware I had heart issues until a routine physical last year May 18,09. My primary care
physician heard a murmur so he sent me downstairs to see a cardiologist. They done a echo and results
stated Aortic Aneurysm 6.7cm/BAV.

After talking with the cardiologist she recommend surgery ASAP and recommended a surgeon @
Brigham Women Hospital in Boston. The next day I was talking to Dr.Shekar @BWH. After a 2
hour meeting we decided surgery on June 1,09. and CT Scan/Stress test on May 29.

On May 29, I had a CT scan done with the result Aortic Dissection Type A. The nurse told me I
needed to be hospitalized after a long talk with her she let me go home.

I am 10 months post-op feeling good. I'm very grateful I am alive today and i am so happy to found
this wonderful site.

Welcome Aboard nng !

You will want to give a Big Thank You to your PCP (and Surgeon) for Saving Your Life if you haven't already done so.
It is good that he sent you to BWH which is one of the Top Rated Heart Hospitals in the Country

Glad to hear that it all worked out well for you and your family.

'AL Capshaw'

Michele & Daren - welcome to both of you. At some point we all endure some sort of mind-boggling stress - sometimes totally unrelated to heart issues. Some of us have found that this is a comfortable place to vent, express fear, or just bounce some ideas off of someone else.

Daren, whatever your bad news is/was, I hope you're finding the strength to deal with it.

Michele, perfectly normal to be nervous - shows how much you care.

One of the things that I find so fascinating about this site is the variety of support. It ranges from people who have a very good understanding of medical procedures and can explain the results of an echocardiogram to people who have experienced some of the more unusual symptoms and effects of surgery and various medications to people who are really good at offering common sense to people who are just incredibly supportive.

It's nice to meet everyone. Now, if we can just get more of the new folks to say hello and drop a few notes, we'll be doing fine.

Hey Ross and everyone! I'm not new, I'm just back. I like the new look. It's great to see all the same 'faces' are still on the website.
I have a question...I should know the answer since I'm 3 1/2 years post op, but do you find that a glass of wine or a beer hits you faster when you're on Coumadin or is that true?
Thanks, Denobobeno

Hey Ross and everyone! I'm not new, I'm just back. I like the new look. It's great to see all the same 'faces' are still on the website.
I have a question...I should know the answer since I'm 3 1/2 years post op, but do you find that a glass of wine or a beer hits you faster when you're on Coumadin or is that true?
Thanks, Denobobeno

Hello and welcome back.

No, alcohol doesn't seem to work any faster, to me at least. Let me go test a few Bloody Mary's and get back to you.

nngbwh,Cris,Ross, Thank you for the welcome and kind words. Sorry I didnt reply sooner,I have never been very good at this computer stuff. I would like to post my present situation and get some feedback from you folks but I am not sure which thread to post in. I had mitral valve repair done in November of 2008 and have had a number of problems with it since them . I found out a couple of days ago that the repair has failed and am looking at another surgery. I am still trying to gather all the info, to see where I stand but the Doctors seem a little slow on this matter. If someone could tell where this post belongs that would be great. Again,thanks to all of you.... Daren

Daren, I think I'd post in "Heart Talk". Sorry you are having problems with your MV. None of this adventure is fun, but you can gain a lot of knowledge here to help you deal with your situation, and the inevitable fears. All the best, Brian

Latest posts

Back