New Crisis For My Family

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God Bless America ..... :mad: why does this always happen to the nice people.....grrrrrrrrrrr......I am praying for you and your wife......I swear noting ever bad happens to those mean people out there..... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ross, I know it is the whole process that you and Lyn are going through that is causing so much stress and disruption in your life as much as the severity of the illness itself. But if it helps any, when my grandfather died at age 83 it was discovered on autopsy that he was born with only one kidney.

This is one of the very few times I ever log in from work but today I could not wait to find out what was going on with Lyn. I'm glad you are able to report some encouraging news and sure hope she feels better soon. God bless you, Ross.

I miss checking in for a day and this is what happens. I'm sending good thoughts your way! Hope all works out .....
Heather

Ross,

Tell me to jump off if I'm asking a question that is none of my business, but how does one protect their house from creditors in this type of situation. I'm sure we all could benefit from this information.

Prayers and Love

Prayers and Love

Ross,

I am sending you prayers, love and positive thoughts,
As Mary said you have all your VR family with you

Love to you both

Jan and Bill

Darn it, Ross

Darn it, Ross

What terrible news. I will sure have you and your wife in my thoughts and prayers. At least one can live with one kidney. It's not her liver.

Let us know how she is doing.

Take care of yourself.

Quick update-No real change today. Still lots of bleeding though it appears to be slowing and the blood count is looking better. She still needs Morphine every 2 hours, so the pain is very much alive and well. She has been getting out of bed today to go the rest room rather then using the dreaded bed pan, so maybe we are getting somewhere.

I have found out in the State of Ohio, they cannot seize or foreclose on your home. They can attach liens until the bills are paid, but cannot take your domain away from you. At least I don't have to sweat this.

Ross,

Good news on the house at least you have that one thing less to worry about.
You two have been on my mind all day. Thanks for the updates.. update when you can but take care of yourself. Lynn will need you as strong as you can be.
You are both in our prayers.

Thanks for the Update

Thanks for the Update

Thanks, Ross, for the update - geez, though, I think we need a new forum titled something other than "small talk" for things like this. This is not small talk.

I'll be praying for you and your wife.

Good news on both fronts, Ross. I understand that is the case in FL also - should be that way in every state! I hope that things continue to progress nicely and please tell Lyn that we wish her an easy resolution and a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself.

Ross-

I am relieved that Lyn is out of immediate danger, and there is some improvement. I am also so happy to hear about the house. Something has been telling me all day that someone will go to bat for you regarding the medical bill situation and getting that worked out, I hope my feeling is a good vibe for you.

Do us a BIG favor and just post each day if possible, even if you just post "Hi". That will let us know that you are doing OK and we won't worry.

Send my very best wishes to Lyn, and tell her to stay strong. I hope her pain diminishes very soon, and the bleeding stops.

God Bless.

Great News Ross!!

Great News Ross!!

I am so glad to hear that your wife is doing somewhat better and that your home will be kept. Please keep us posted as we are all very concerned. Harrybaby :D :D :D :D :D

I think God definately knows who Ross and Lyn are after these past few days. So many people have kept you in prayer and thought.

Good news on the house. Heartening news on Lyn.

Hugs for you all. Bet Lyn never thought she'd be the one getting prayers from VR. Tell her we all are thinking of her and praying for the best outcome. Brother Richard had a kidney removal, as Gina's husband did; it is a serious hard surgery, but my brother came through just fine and is ok now. Hopefully this won't happen to Lyn but it is a doable surgery and the remaining kidney should function just fine; in Lyn's case the good kidney may be doing most of the work anyhow.

What Missy said is good information. Hunt up the hospital social worker. There used to be a bill that provided funds to those who apply for help in paying the hospital bill. I don't recall just what the name of it is, but it's a bill that says any hospital that receives federal funds to help the hospital run, also receive funds for patient's bills. Maybe somebody will come up with the name. The funds are used up very quickly at each hospital but more come in from time to time. Also, some hospitals write off some or all the bill if the patient is unable to pay. Any case, the social worker will know.

Lyn, we are holding you dear to us right now. Best wishes for you.

Rossman

I'm glad to hear Lyn's improving.....and so glad to hear about your house. All will work out......you are in my thoughts and prayers, every time.

Nancy is right, please post every day, even if it's only a quick one.....

Evelyn

The doctor is supposed to call me this morning after seeing her. He was in and gone already. Lyn just called. They're moving her to another floor and have another catscan scheduled. She said she stopped asking for morphine and is trying to deal with the pain. Said the morphine was giving her a bad headache. I guess he mentioned possible discharge over the weekend, but I won't speculate until I talk to this guy.

As far as the Hospital Low income program, we missed qualifying for it. They have another program that we will qualify for, but the best it does is a discount on services up to 60%. It's based on income and at this point, we don't know where were going, but have to live off the checking account and my disability. (Stop laughing Harry, I know you know that's a joke!)

I wish I knew more, but I don't right now. I hate knowing there is a nuclear weapon hanging over my head, but not knowing exactly how badly it's going to wipe me off of the map.

Ross,

I wish I had the money to give you to pay these bills, but I don't. I do have some tips that saved my rear five years ago when I had my brain hemmorage.

1) As soon as your wife is home and doing better and as soon as the bills start rolling in, contact a credit counseling service. Let me know if you need the name of a good one that won't screw you over. You don't have to place all your bills with them. What they will do is work with the hospital on a payment plan and it will avoid it going to a collection agency. THis really saved our rear.

2) Go to the church you belong to and ask for help. Most churchs set aside monies for this type of thing. They can help with food, utilities, etc. And don't just go to your own church, go to a few. I think my wife went to 5 different churches and they all helped in some way.

My best wishes to you my friend, and keep the faith. This is just a test and all will turn out ok in the end. We are all special here, and we have all gone through these trying times. I didn't like it when I had to go through these emotional and stressful tests, but it made me who I am now and I'm the better for it.

Take care and Peace!

Latest posts

Back