New Crisis For My Family

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ross,

We are sending our prayers and good thoughts your way for you, your wife, and family as you and your family face yet another trial and bumpy road. I hope and pray that we receive a good report on your update. Miss you buddy.

May God Bless,

Danny

So, Sorry to hear that Ross!

So, Sorry to hear that Ross!

You and Lynn will be in our prayers here too! We'll also keep your insurance situation in our prayers. I don't know what we would do without MinnesotaCare. I'm not sure if your state has such a thing, but it's insurance based on our income.
The most important thing to focus on right now though, is your wife's health.

Ross, I'm so sorry to hear about your wife. I hope Lynn doesn't need the surgery. I so much wanted to send many hugs and prayers to you and your family. Sometimes life just isn't fair and it seems like we can't bear anymore -but with the help and support of our friends and family - you start to realize -you are not alone - so many people care and we're all sending many prayers your way.

If you need anything please don't hesitate to let us know. If there is anything we can do please don't hesistate to ask.

Keep us posted on how she is doing.

Best Wishes
Marilyn (runner)

A little update as to what is happening.

They took Lyn down and inserted a cath into the kidney to drain the blood and relieve the pressure. They also put some stents in, in hopes of stopping the bleeding. The Doc said there is a blockage that has been there since birth and that the kidney has only partially functioned all these years. They want to see what happens tomorrow and Friday. If all goes well and she can eat, he talked about discharging her and having her see him in his office next week. At that time, they'll do another x ray and see just what the kidney is doing. We will then discuss whether it's best to try to remove the blockage or remove the kidney.

This is all I know so far. I've been there all day and I'm exhausted. For those of you that emailed, sorry, it's easier for me to post this to all of you then to answer individually. I thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. They do mean alot to us. Now tomorrow morning, I get to contact my attorney and try to defend my home from them as creditors. Let the fun begin. :rolleyes:

Ross,
I am praying for your family to have the strength to get through this. It seems like the good people are plagued with problems. So maybe there is some consolation in that.
Does your state have insurance? My niece just went through this last week after having being diagnosed with gastrointestinal cancer. She went in for ulcer surgery. Can you believe? It had spread to all eight lymph nodes in stomach. They removed most of it. But she will have to have chemo and radiation and she is young. My family has had a trying week. My mom got poisened with wisteria we think and is really having a tough time of it. Bad.
But, my niece found out since she didn't have insurance that with children her whole family can get the state insurance. It is better to go this route sometimes and even with her husband making pretty good money they still qualified.
Ask to talk to the social worker at the hospital and if she is going to be off for a while they can rush medicare and social security through for certain illnesses. My niece is doing this and my daughter in law that died did it and had it within weeks. They will also help you get on the state insurance if available.
Good luck, Ross and to your wife for smooth sailling through the surgery.

I just found this, Ross and am devastated for you and Lyn. I know you will tell us as you can. Ask Steve to tell us if you can't. In the meantime, just reading the posts before mine, you can tell how many people love you, me too. The prayers are going as we speak. You have given all yours and now it's time to receive. Please give Lyn my love. You let the boys help out because you can't do it all. Take care of yourself, too.

If you need something please let me know. You know how to reach me.

My love and prayers for you all. Ann

Hey Rosso,

Just checked in and saw the news here. I am praying for you and Lyn. You hang in there now, and take it one day at a time. Keep us posted, okay?

love,
Jennie

Ross,

I'm sorry it has been so tough for you and your wife, between the health problems and the layoffs, it has been dispiriting, I'm sure.

You know that your family's troubles are in my thoughts, and that I wish for things to go better for you both soon.

You have our hearts and our attention, Ross.

Best wishes,

Ross,

You've been such a support for so many of us you know you have our love and prayers.

Paul

Hi Ross,

We will be praying for a speedy recovery.

If you want to talk 'nephrectomy'. Drop me a PM.If you recall my husband had a kidney removed 4 years ago. He's doing great! His doc is moving over to Clevland Clinc this summer. As this will be a loss for us. May be your gain. Rumor has it he will be running the Kidney Center. His name is Steven Campbell.

Hang in there my friend.

God Bless.

PS. Good to see you Paul. Where the heck have you been?????!!!! :D

Ross, I just checked in because my server has been down all day and also today is the day that I volunteer in ICU. I'm so sorry to hear the news. You and Lyn will be at the top of my prayers list. I had kidney cancer in my left kidney a couple of years ago and had it removed. I have done fine on one kidney. It just has to work a little harder.

You take care of Ross, don't let this get you down. Lean on others.

Dear Ross;

I hope and pray that your wife is in good hands and that she pulls through this with flying colors. I hope that she gets the best of care and that there is someone there for you too.

Best wishes

Char.

Hello Ross,
So sorry to read your news.
We send you all our good wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery for your wife.
Very Best Wishes & Prayers
Ernie & Wendy

Hey, Ross. I just now read this. I'm so sorry to hear about all you and your wife are having to go through right now. You know you are in my prayers as I type. You certainly don't deserve any of this... :(

Ross,

I didn't get a chance to check in since early yesterday AM, and find this. . .

You and your family are ALWAYS in my prayers, as you are one of the support pillars of this community.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. . . and your entire family.

Ross, saw you were online this a.m. but didn't see a report on Lyn. I hope she is resting comfortably and the rest of you are doing okay. Still keeping your family in my prayers.

Ross,

You and your family are in my prayers.
I'm sorry to hear about everything, but I am sure you and your family will pull through with flying colors.

God Bless my friend.

Ben

Hey Rossman,

Give Lyn my best. Let her know we are all thinking of her... you too!

Latest posts

Back