MOOOOO! Happy Anniversary to ME!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epstns

Premium User
Supporting Member
It was exactly one year ago today that I checked in at Northwestern Memorial Hospital for my pending valve replacement. Little did I know what a long, strange trip that would be! As I sit here at work, I seem to have flashbacks of little bits of the experience. You know what? The "bad" moments are the minority, and from this end of the first year, they don't seem all that bad. I do know that at the time, I was apprehensive, even quite scared at times - especially in early recovery.

But recover I am. I, like Larry (Mentu), feel that recovery is a process rather than an event and that even a year later I am still recovering. When I awoke from surgery, it was very hard to envision what even the very next hour might be like. Out here a year later, it is much easier to look ahead for a much longer time horizon, and I like what I see.

My most humble and sincere thanks to all of my doctors and my entire care team, and to all of you here who made this long, strange trip so much more bearable. I salute you!

Steve,
Happy Moooooooversary to you. Stay positive and keep on healing cause the next year will get better, and the next even better, and so on.
John

Hey Steve,
February 2011 was a good month.
February 2012 is much better! :)
Have a great valversary!
I'm doing well... we're heading to the US for holidays in less than three weeks. YAY! Disneyland (and SF and Yosemite and Grand Canyon here we come)!
Allison

Steve - It's not how you start the race, it's how you finish that matters most, so no stopping you now...

MarathonCow.jpg

Congrats, Steve. This means that mine is just around the corner, as you were a week or so ahead of me!

MOOOOO!

Although I (we? Me and my valve?) had to work on the anniversary, it was still a day of remembrance. Some memories are fond, others still scary. All made so much better because of all of you here.

Thank you.

Back