Missing members

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lisa is hallucinating....OMG....that's a bummer.

I really hope that members such as Karlynn and Geebee find some time to post, these are 2 members whose posts I followed for quite some time before joining. Many years of valve experience are more valuable to me than a bunch of mumbo jumbo doctor speak.

You guys are special. I'll post my thanks on the appropriate thread. As I said - I know it's but a small percentage of members that were the crux of my frustrations, but I'm human, as we all are.

There are members here who I can disagree with, but at the end of the day we know we are coming from a place of concern and caring and nothing more. Our caring for each other is not based on whether we are of the same mind. I kind of liken it to our neighbors down the street. A wonderful couple married over 40 years. I drove past their house a few days ago and saw 2 political signs in their front yard. One for McCain, and one for Obama. :) It made me chuckle and put a smile on my face.

golly, all this drama going on behind the scenes? I had no idea!

I guess I've seen hints, but am really distressed to learn it's been so bad for some people. Don't quite know what to say, but wish we could innoculate some of you long-time contributors against that kind of attack so you'll be sure to stay around.

Hmmm. Interesting thread! As one who used to post frequently, but is lurking now only to find out how our dear Ross is doing, I must say that I am not posting because my heart is so rarely on my mind. . .

My cardiologist "demoted" me to yearly checkups with his nurse practitioner, rather than with him. He comes in at the end to say "hi." Huh. He will only do an echo if he actually hears a reason to do so, and he hasn't even heard a murmur for the past three years. I rarely even think of my heart anymore.

That is probably a selfish reason not to visit (as there are others who might benefit from my experience). However, with limited time, somehow other things - working, livinng, etc - seem to have taken precedence.

Just wanted to chip in that not *all* of the disappearing members have gone away for political reasons!! :D

I wrote too long a rant, and lost it to "timing out". Gina and Karlynn, I know what you have said has been misinterpreted in the past, and at least once I tried to explain to the other parties. If that sort of thing ever comes up again, I ask those involved to PM me before lashing out at other members. The point of this place is to provide information, and share experience. Opinions should be evaluated before being expressed. The type of valve one chooses is not in any way a qualifyer here. Lord knows I am smitten with enough of you girls with both mechanical, and bovine valves! Susan, I am not on every day, but I have found many of your posts valuable! I value your presence here, and volunteer as a sounding board. If you feel upset please feel free to PM me! Brian

GO TO A REUNION..!:D

*grins*

That's been my theme for about 5 years now ... and why I "push" mini reunions so much....

Course, I usually use my road trips to meet people of all of my message boards and groups ;).

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Traveled down the road and back again" ... Andrew Gold ... 'Thank You For Being A Friend'

Hi Everyone,
Received an email from Debora last week,she and Joe are moving to Brazil on November 26th.Debora is feeling a lot better after 12 sessions of radiotherapy, she still has 8 more to go.
I'm sure that once Debora is back at home with much warmer weather and near to her family , especially Bruna and her Mom she will feel very much better.
Good news is that her heart is still holding on and hasn`t been affected by all the treatment she has been having. (Debora did have a mini-stroke back in February & is still on Heparin )
I'm sure that once she feels up to it she will post.
I will pass on all your best wishes to her.
Kind regards to you all
Wendy

Hmmm. Interesting thread! As one who used to post frequently, but is lurking now only to find out how our dear Ross is doing, I must say that I am not posting because my heart is so rarely on my mind. . .

My cardiologist "demoted" me to yearly checkups with his nurse practitioner, rather than with him. He comes in at the end to say "hi." Huh. He will only do an echo if he actually hears a reason to do so, and he hasn't even heard a murmur for the past three years. I rarely even think of my heart anymore.

That is probably a selfish reason not to visit (as there are others who might benefit from my experience). However, with limited time, somehow other things - working, livinng, etc - seem to have taken precedence.

Just wanted to chip in that not *all* of the disappearing members have gone away for political reasons!! :D

and so good it is to see you. Always enjoy your posts.

Thanks, Wendy, for letting us know what's going on with Deborah.

I heard from Bonzo yesterday, and I'm hopeful he will return soon.

Jim P made an appearance not too long ago, Ann, but you're right; it had been a long time between visits.

And while we're mentioning missing members, I also had an email from RCB. I think if enough members pm'd him, he'd return. His absence has nothing to do with other VR members.

I am in the same boat; I have been a member from almost the very begining....before the web site....hell I remember when Ross first got here and PM'd me about my experience at CCF.........I have been here for a long time and post very infrequently...but "lurk" almost everyday.
I too felt pushed out....due to some valve related discussions and some changing of my posts without my knowledge that occurred.

But I still try to keep up with everyone and see how the new folks are doing.

I guess you could say that I am more of a "voyeur" these days. I will login and post to offer advise or offer assistance if needed for someone that is going through a similar situation that I went through. But I learned to stay out of the "hot" topics a long time ago. I'm not saying that the topics should not be discussed, but I just decided to stay out of them for the most part.

I have a rule that I do not talk politics or religion while I have been drinking. Nothing ever gets solved and someone always gets their feelings hurt or mad. I kind of carried that thinking over to this forum as well.

Hi gang,

I am still here as well. I lurk mostly, been flamed a few times in the past, but, I usually write when I think that I have something that may help contribute to someones question or concern.

Also, for some of us.....I think that life takes a huge piece of your time, once you get back to living it after recovery. That in itself takes you away from amount of time spent on the site. btw... Isn't it amazing how we view the world for our own eyes after we get over the other side of the mountain! I marvel everyday at things I see. Then again.. perhaps it is the drugs they give me these days. :)

This site has been the "life-line" I needed as went through all the stages of recovery. It is an incredible place to visit for information, comfort, and if nothing else, to talk. I have always viewed this site mainly as a place to learn about my condition, and to assist those that I could if I had any knowledge or experiences to share with them.

The Small Talk" section is important, and I participate in it at times. But I think for me.. not as important as the primary purpose of the site. Too bad that sometimes, people get hurt or offended by conversation within "Small Talk", and shy away from the site in the future. (I know that it has effected me this way.) Who knows, that person who left could have perhaps been able to provide someone with the help they were seeking on a serious thread. I hope we all can keep in mind before "Charging-up" a topic, or "Hijacking" a thread, what the main intent of this wonderful site is. Afterall, I think it would be a good guess to say that each any everyone of us came here originally to seek help or advice.

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'm here, and lurking, and yes, sometimes posting or private e-mailing a repsonse to someones question.

Wishing all of my heart friends a healthy future,

Rob

Hoping to see the last three posters at the VR reunion in St. Louis this March . . . :)

Latest posts

Back