Missing members

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that your wedding date?!?!?! If it is, Mizz Lyn is gonna get out her rolling pin...:eek::D

My humble opinion....it's a great loss to this website that 'bicuspidboy' and 'oaktree' have moved on. Both had a wealth of information and were always willing to share with newbies...so sad.:(

It's sad, but both lost sight of the fact that this is not THEIR forum. When Hank wouldn't change things the way they wanted, they both asked to be removed. In my mind, both of their reasons for leaving were childish, but hey, if they'd be happier doing their own thing somewhere else, thats fine too.

My take on members that ask to be removed, for whatever reason ?

As individuals we are extremely complex beings ? I have been known to take my ball and go home when upset but I usually return ? The recent Southern Reunion was a reinforcement that I know very little about the ones here that I thought I knew well, not that there were any great eye openers but I found myself several times thinking, ?I never would have thought that about him/her? ? Point being is that we all have a tremendous amount going on in our lives and sometimes need to pick and choose where we are going to expend our energy ? It is unfortunate when we lose someone but it may be the best thing for them ? I often find myself making snap judgments about people here (I think we all do) fortunately I have a few here that I can bounce these thoughts off of before I make a complete ass of myself ? I know, I know, I have not always put these checks and balances into practice:eek: ? We all are on the same journey and we all will need a detour or pit stop from time to time ?

My take on members that ask to be removed, for whatever reason …

The recent Southern Reunion was a reinforcement that I know very little about the ones here that I thought I knew well, not that there were any great eye openers but I found myself several times thinking, “I never would have thought that about him/her” …

Isn't that the truth. There I was -- thinkin' Mr. Cooker was this 6'4" tall, dark and handsome dude..!!...and then I met him...!!:eek::D:eek:.. He is a real jewel, for sure - for sure.

We're all in this boat together and those bonds are even tighter when we have the opportunity to meet in person, so those of you who get all hot and bothered on here -- GO TO A REUNION..!:D

Isn't that the truth. There I was -- thinkin' Mr. Cooker was this 6'4" tall, dark and handsome dude..!!...and then I met him...!!:eek::D:eek:.. He is a real jewel, for sure - for sure.

We're all in this boat together and those bonds are even tighter when we have the opportunity to meet in person, so those of you who get all hot and bothered on here -- GO TO A REUNION..!:D

If they're anything like when I met Al Lodwick, I can see why they're fun. I was so nervous about what we'd talk about and really, not much on hearts or anticoagulation, but what kinds of troubles we caused as kids and our misadventures with legal eagles.

too bad to hear about Bonzo. I really enjoyed his perspective on things (VR related or not). One of the things I enjoy most about this forum is that we have members of all shapes, sizes, locations, and philosophies. To me that is what makes it so valuable and interesting. Ross, if/when you talk to Bonzo again please let him know that his contribution to the forum is greatly missed.

I suspect Bonzo will be back after the election, whether Obama, McCain, or Cooker (write-in candidate) wins. :D

His many friends (and I count myself in that number) will welcome him back.

What members see that goes on, is all that they know about. They do not know or see what has transpired behind the scenes. What may appear to one as being wrongly ejected or pushed out to you, may not be the actual case at hand.

There is no need for a cooling off period. If someone gets banned, they did something to deserve it. Hank and I put up with a tremendous amount of crap before we actually do the deed.

What I don't get is, if someone is so disgruntled with the way things are, why stick around and complain about it? If you truly want to contribute, why rock the boat?

All we ask is that you contribute in an adult manor, minus the flaming in disagreements with one another, while providing the experience you've lived through to tell other new folks about. I really don't see that as being all that hard to do.

Perhaps recognizing good deeds and rewarding them now and then would serve to settle things down. Not to many pats on the back around here for what we do.

Susan I've noticed, as well as others, that you've gone way out of your way to look up answers for someone if you didn't know the answer yourself. Now this you may hate me for or not, but you personally, have had a much nicer demeanor since Bicuspidboy left.

None of us are without fault, but rather then drag up old problems for reevaluation, wouldn't it be better to move forward and work to acheive the goals that Hank as planned for this forum? Things are changing everyday and we are all getting better at moving toward that vision. Lets please keep moving in that direction.

I do hope that the tenor of VR is changing back to what it once was. I'm one who had decided to stop being an active poster. With over 9,000 posts "under my belt" it was very hard to do. I'd still skim the new posts and read a few, and post occasionally from time to time, but after some comments directed my way, a few too many ranting PM's and a sense that there were a few vocal members who saw red if they saw my name on a post - I backed away. I'm slowly working my way back in, but it just got way too frustrating for a while.

I think I can pretty much go back in time and pinpoint when the debating on valve choice got out of hand and the tone of VR changed. I think VR is at it's best when it keeps to personal experiences and stories and we offer information based on what we know personally.

My 17th Valve-versary came and went last week. I was surprised to find that I didn't have the desire to hop on VR and have a little celebration. Quite honestly, I felt like there would be only a handful that would see it as something to celebrate. I realize I was letting a few "bad apples" sway my opinion, but I'm human.

My thanks to Ross for working to get the "old VR" back. This is a great place, full of caring, concerned and funny (a very important element for me) members.

Karlynn

Happy 17th Birthday! You are a year younger than my daughter! (in heart years, anyway)

I appreciate most of the posts. I do think that people occasionally come on to make trouble, and there have been times that I've gotten my panties in a wad! :p However, for the most part, I enjoy this site. The members who have left are missing out.

Weren't there some more posts when I looked at this earlier? My brain is fried, but I think I saw other people wishing Karlynn well!

Latest posts

Back