Might have found my magic dosage

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a4wanman

Whoohoo! My INR today was 2.8. This is the third time in a row my INR has been within range (2.5 - 3.5). The last 3 tests have been 2.6, 2.8, 2.9.

My weekly dosage is 27.5 mg using 5 mg tablets (5, 2.5, 5, 2.5, 5, 2.5, 5). Now to wait another 1 1/2 months to get my INRatio2 meter.

Whoohoo! My INR today was 2.8. This is the third time in a row my INR has been within range (2.5 - 3.5). The last 3 tests have been 2.6, 2.8, 2.9.

My weekly dosage is 27.5 mg using 5 mg tablets (5, 2.5, 5, 2.5, 5, 2.5, 5). Now to wait another 1 1/2 months to get my INRatio2 meter.

I know that some Anti-Coagulation Providers prefer to dose by Tablets rather than mg.

Personally, I do NOT like to have wide variations in my daily dose.
By using 2 different Dose Tablets, separated by 1 mg in strength,
it is possible to adjust one's Weekly Dose over a 7 mg range in 1 mg increments
using only ONE Tablet per day to minimize cost.

For Example, with 3 and 4 mg Tablets, it is possible to adjust from 21 to 28 mg/Week just by changing the daily allocation.

3.3.3.3.3.3.3 = 21 mg/week
3.3.3.4.3.3.3 = 22 mg/week
4.4.4.3.4.4.4 = 27 mg/week
4.4.4.4.4.4.4 = 28 mg/week

'AL Capshaw'

Ross,

The month and a half wait is for getting my own testing meter. Since I'm new to this, I may be comfortable testing every 2 weeks, but not longer. I'm testing weekly right now. I think I would be more comfortable with my own meter.

Scott

Ross,

The month and a half wait is for getting my own testing meter. Since I'm new to this, I may be comfortable testing every 2 weeks, but not longer. I'm testing weekly right now. I think I would be more comfortable with my own meter.

Scott

Just wanted to clear that up. Scares me when people say they test less then once a month.

Latest posts

Back