Medical ID bracelets

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have the hole on my throat and my scar is almost invisible, very thin and white ... add hair and anyone can miss it ... but I guess if you tape your ID card to your insurance card you are safe:D

Just open my wallet and it's right there where my drivers license should be. Now if your looking for money, your going to be disappointed.

Just open my wallet and it's right there where my drivers license should be. Now if your looking for money, your going to be disappointed.

I don't remember the last time I seen cold hard cash. xD. I'm so used to plastic.

Ashkir, I saw some rubber band ones like you mentioned, but they are specifically for diabetes and allergies. (@ the site mentioned below)

I found another site with nice med id jewelry; they also have some good men's bracelets. I think I may order from this one. Their silver is coated so it won't tarnish, which is nice. The site is:
http://www.fiddledeeids.com/

Thank you! I'll take a look at it now.

My steel one broke. ><'. And it made my wrist brake out light red.

Thanks!

I've heard of people who have it engraved on the back of their watch. According to the EMT I talked to, they look in wallets and at all pieces of jewelry. I've mentioned before that although I do wear a bracelet, if I get a medical person who can't figure out my issue with a stethoscope, I really don't want him touching me! The ticking should be the only card they need!

I've heard of people who have it engraved on the back of their watch. According to the EMT I talked to, they look in wallets and at all pieces of jewelry. I've mentioned before that although I do wear a bracelet, if I get a medical person who can't figure out my issue with a stethoscope, I really don't want him touching me! The ticking should be the only card they need!

Wonder how many EMT/paramedics have ever heard a mechanical heart valve? Will have to ask my nephew-in-law -- a fire captain -- if responders ever listen to hearts.................

I have never ever carried a medical id not once in 46 years. I guess I'll look into it after my next surgery, if I get it. I do not wear jewelry, and seldom wear watches.

My problem with bracelets or neck chains is that I some times work on cars. Ever see what happens when a bracelet grounds out on a battery? Ever see what happens if a neck chain gets caught by a moving belt?

I wear a stainless steel necklace, and hardly even think about it being there. Wear it more for diabetic issues than heart, given that blood sugar drops occasionally make me feel faint on a hike. But if someone ever has to cart me off, they can find some basic starter info there, including the meds I take.

Maybe I ought to tattoo my hospital account number on my forehead. Then they could obtain my "OWNED/Owners" manual.

I have been wearing a necklace for 20 years. I never take it off. It is not noticeable under my shirt, even with the top two buttons open. Unless your shirt is opened to the navel, it is very unlikey that the chain will cause problems in working with cars or machinery.

I have been wearing a necklace for 20 years. I never take it off. It is not noticeable under my shirt, even with the top two buttons open. Unless your shirt is opened to the navel, it is very unlikey that the chain will cause problems in working with cars or machinery.

So your telling me that you don't hang upside down from the hood spring? Am I doing it wrong?

Ross, restrict yourself to work you can do under the car. Just don't swallow the necklace.

I don't think my jack or jack stands like me very much. Last time, the car slid off the jack and the jack stands tilted enough to be of no use. Do you think I'm a winner? I'm thinking more like I need to find another line of work, like say computers? With my luck, I'll get electrocuted.

I knew someone that had a medallion that he pinned to his skivvies. That should work for most men, and Ross please don't tell me that you go Commando! TMI! For women, it could be a problem with thongs because they aren't big enough to pin anything too, but again, Bina, don't tell me if that is your issue!

Ross, if you ever need to go to the ER, the oxygen tank might give them an idea that you have some medical issues! I'm sure that once they get you to a hospital, a doctor can figure out the rest.

I have the 14k gold pendant and necklace. Oh and I work on cars as my job. As long as I don't have my face in the fan it won't get caught in any belts. I have the ICE option in my cell. So I added a heart patient note in it. I carry my cards and I keloid so I'm a huge Heart Surgery billboard. As a joke though I was gonna get "Insert Pacemaker Here" with an arrow pointing to the scar. My tattoo artist just did a cardiologist who retired. He had a huge Do Not Resucitate tattooed across his chest. I can't spell.

I have the 14k gold pendant and necklace. Oh and I work on cars as my job. As long as I don't have my face in the fan it won't get caught in any belts.

Your doing it wrong. You must fix vehicles like this:

I bought a medical alert bracelet but the chain was quite "un-manly". So for my b-day the wife took it to a jeweler and got a nice big chunky silver chain.

I wear it 24/7 but what puts me off is when people snicker at me for wearing it. Ive heard "you in good health, you wearing that to get attention ? sympathy ?" I want to show them just how good of health Im in by doing some jumping jacks on their forehead !

Ive heard "you in good health, you wearing that to get attention ? sympathy ?" I want to show them just how good of health Im in by doing some jumping jacks on their forehead !
The minute that some moron asks you that question.....pop them one right on the nose, and then reply,
"No, THAT'S what I do to get attention."
Don't forget to smile.
:D

Latest posts

Back