Medic - Alert tag thing ?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodbutcher

If I were to get one of those Medic alert Dog tag type things...
It might sound like a silly question but what info would I have engraved on the back, because the one I've seen advertised says "free engraving" .

Thank you for your thoughts ...

Mine says:
severe aortic insufficiency
mechanical mitral valve
Med: warfarin;
implanted cardioverter/defibrillator

Mine says the same as Bina's. I got the free steel one and it's fine except once it heated up when I took something out of the oven (ouch).
Did I hear somebody has it tattooed on as a bracelet? I supposed that is clever. Hmmm...

Mine has mechanical replacement heart valve, on anticoagulants, and my name & home phone on front. Address on back. Very helpful to have the phone number - hardly ever call it so if someone asks me what it is, all I have to do is look at the bracelet:D

I have an official Medic-Alert one; it has the basics : valve replaced, anti-coagulated and my medication allergies; they have an patient ID number and a hotline phone number, if anyone needs any further info. They have my next of kin info, doctors, dates etc. of surgeries and all that info on file. I do pay an annual fee for the service, but I can update the info online any time that I want to.

On the front of mine:
Heart Patient
My name

On the back:
Date of Birth
Mechanical Aortic Valve
Meds: Coumadin
ICE Hubby's Name and phone numer

It never leaves my wrist - I travel a lot for my job and it makes both me and my hubby more comfortable to have one.

Alert

Alert

I notice all the people that responded to this thread have a mechanical valve and take warfarin.
Does anyone with a tissue valve or valve repair and no other health issues have one of these alert tags?? :confused:

I do--the Medic Alert hotline service. Mine says
Aortic valve replaced
Allergic to sulfa
At risk aortic dissection

This last is (I hope) an exaggeration. We go on hiking trips and if I collapse out in the middle of nowhere, I don't want the medics to look at the scar, the gray hair, the pudge and start treating me for coronary problems--those arteries were fine on my cath. When I told all that to my husband before our last trip, he insisted on the id.

One thing I read is good to have is the name you're commonly called by. It's supposed to help responders get through to you if you are fuddled.

Mine says Aortic Valve and Root Bioprosthesis, my allergies and that I'm anticoagulated due to thromboses <<< yes, more than 1. It's from Medic Alert and they have my comprehensive info on file. Plus, if I'm needful in Alberta, I know my medical info is available via the Alberta Health Db.

My husband's idea was to put as much information as possible to make it easier in case of emergency. I have my name, kind of valves, my doctor's name and phone number, my husband's phone number, and medication (Warfarin) I take, and my UCLA patient number.WOW!!

I have a card I keep in my wallet from Medronic. I have a tissue valve (Mosaic Ultra Porcine valve) That states name, address, model no., size, date of implant, Cardiologist, and what type of MRI is safe.

That's about it.

Latest posts

Back