Lucky 13 years...!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShezaGirlie

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
What's the old saying, "My how time flies when you're having fun.."

Hank found me on another website when I had a question right after surgery. He invited me to join his listserve along with a few other folks and we commiserated about our predicaments and compared experiences. I remain friends with those folks even today -- there is a bond mostly unexplainable - except that the word compassion reigns supreme.

My real heros are those oldtimers who share with us, especially Marty and Dick. We have folks who are medically well versed and folks who are compassionately well versed with each sharing equal importance.

I'm really fortunate to have only had an AVR with no medical issues since then. My sincere compassion goes out to all you very young guys and gals who I surely hope will be as lucky as I have been in these last 10 years and looking forward to many, many more.

I used to say when someone confided in me about a serious issue in their lives that "none of us have any guarantees"....dang, I just didn't know it was gonna turn around and bite me in the butt..!!

But, the big deal is that most all of us make it through and find a happier life through a better appreciation of the world around us and everyone in it -- I know I have.

I went back and found my post on my 10th anniversary and that's it above! I feel the exact same way on my 13th anniversary - October 7, 1999 - 2012.

Janie,

You've been one of the "permanent fixtures" in my experience here at vr.org, and your being here has added tremendous warmth and value to the experience. Somehow, being "touched" by others, both by internet and by phone, makes this all so much more real. We haven't talked for a while (the last time was with Cort, Lorraine and Gina, from a coffee shop, when I was just getting back into life after surgery), but it feels like it was just yesterday. I hope we get a chance to visit again soon.

May you have many, MANY happy returns of this anniversary!

And now it's FOURTEEN years..!!! Really hard to believe, but time really does fly. I wish the very best for each and everyone of you -- many, many more happy and fun-filled years! Carry on..

HEY.....you tricked me with this thread. LOL
Time does fly, and if I hadn't become afraid to fly, I would go down and have a big piece of Valversary cake with you and Mikey. :)

Latest posts

Back